Jay Leno in a crash.

I guess some people don't learn. I sold my motorcycle and got a Mustang instead, with my wife's approval. I had a Vulcan 900LT. My worst accident was tipping it over while not moving. That is only bad if someone else sees it happen. As the philosopher said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

I guess some people don't learn.
Yeah, but if you got to go, why not while doing what you love?

Sounds like he's taking it in stride. If I had spent a few days in hospital after some big burns, then cracked a bunch of bones... I'd be flat out miserable, feeling bad for myself, and holing up at home. Sounds like the dude is full speed ahead.

it happens! unfortunately!! in congested areas + SOOOO many distracted drivers-cellphones mostly!! i wish him well, a very $$$ well off guy but down to earth like others!

Exactly how did Mr. Leno get so wealthy? All I know is he retired from the Tonight Show, started his own show. I sure don't hear about Letterman's car collection, or Bob Barkers collections.

Exactly how did Mr. Leno get so wealthy? All I know is he retired from the Tonight Show, started his own show. I sure don't hear about Letterman's car collection, or Bob Barkers collections.
Letterman and Barker aren't as flamboyant as Leno. He seems really "showy".

Why would you need a flag if it's on your property? It's the drivers problem if they trespass.
I think a crafty lawyer could make an argument. Who knows, maybe there is some ordinance requiring it? It is California after all, lots of regulations.

In addition to being the host of the Tonight Show, Leno has never stopped doing standup, and is a workaholic. Even while hosting the TS, he would regularly work clubs, and do corporate gigs. Still does.

I'm not into his type of comedy, but he's put in the work, and comedians can do quite well, even when they don't act or do other forms of entertainment. His comedian buddies who have appeared on his show have shown glimpses of their stuff, and Seinfeld is well known for his Porsche fetish. His producer is buds with Leno and also has a car fetish. Letterman has had a small collection since during his late night host gig, but has kept it under wraps. Publicly, he's dabbled in hot-rodded Volvos with Paul Newman, and is partner in the RLL racing team.

Unfortunately for Leno, his Garage show was just cancelled, which is probabably more painful than the collarbone, but maybe he'll shop it to another network, like MT.

He's a genuine car guy, who likes and appreciates everything, so respect for him in that respect. Not like one of the nouveau riche who buy a bunch of the latest Ferraris or whatever, pays someone to mod them (often gaudily), and thnk that money can buy cred.

So in both respects, he hasn't faked it.

He got lucky twice, or unlucky twice. I guess that depends on how a person views the world. Me, if I were his age I might consider canning riding motorcycles, and be a lot more careful with gasoline. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Back