Japanese Beer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lucerne06
you guys need to start drinking german wheat beers....

Lol. Yeah, I was going to say something like that but bit my tongue. I feel the same way - that stuff tastes like seltzer water.

Originally Posted By: ryland
My friends, my friends I believe I have gone full circle and can say without a doubt in my mind that Japanese lagers are the best lagers in the world. If you love lagers and lighter beers I urge you to try

1. Asahi super dry
We tried this the other night, it was really pretty good. They're very easy to drink and I agree about the "balance" comments. The thing everyone noticed was the finish... it's very clean and just kind of melts off. For the money though, I think I can get a better beer. For my personal tastes, I would put this on par with Dos Equis Amber. We can get $6 pitchers at one of the good Mexican restaurants around here, which is about the only time I drink it. Thanks for the tip!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Julian
Originally Posted By: ryland
My friends, my friends I believe I have gone full circle and can say without a doubt in my mind that Japanese lagers are the best lagers in the world. If you love lagers and lighter beers I urge you to try

1. Asahi super dry
We tried this the other night, it was really pretty good. They're very easy to drink and I agree about the "balance" comments. The thing everyone noticed was the finish... it's very clean and just kind of melts off. For the money though, I think I can get a better beer. For my personal tastes, I would put this on par with Dos Equis Amber. We can get $6 pitchers at one of the good Mexican restaurants around here, which is about the only time I drink it. Thanks for the tip!
cheers3.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I drink Asahi all the time and I'm lucky because I live close to an Asian superstore called Fubon thats in Portland. They sell all kinds of Asian beer and I buy Asahi for between $9-$12 for a 12pk depending if it's on sale or not. At normal grocery stores if you can find it, its only in large glass bottles which dont taste as good as the cans for about $4-$6 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back