Jalapenos.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone on a jalapeno jag the last couple of months. I buy the sliced ones, some in cans, some in jars. I've found that there is a pretty wide variance in the taste, texture & heat. My favorite ones are fairly mild in heat, but very crisp to bite into. Any favorite brands out there to recommend?

No brands. The local taqueria fire roasts fresh jalapenos. Way better than anything from a can or jar.

Bite of jalepeno, bite of burrito, repeat

While I can't recommend a good jalapenos I can say growing your own can be just as fun. If you like crisp nothing beats growing them yourself! I just started growing ghost peppers.
crackmeup2.gif

Roast your own jalapeños!

I really don't like many of the store bought vinegar pickled ones, but I've had some homemade pickled jalapeños and zanahorias. The zanahorias are way hotter than the jalapeños!

Roast some fresh jalapenos,then take out most of the seeds cut into strips squeeze some lime juice and sprinkle salt to taste.This is my favorite way to eat jalapenos with a good grilled steak.

Aztec, how exactly do you roast them? Time, temp, etc.

Does the roasting make them milder or hotter?

Roasting time would be around 3-5 minutes in a pan with just a touch of either oil or butter.when you cut them open get the seeds out(the more seeds you take out the milder the flavor)its just a matter of how hot you like them,also the salt and lime juice cut off some of the heat.You should try it Im sure you going to really like jalapenos done this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back