Jaguar 100% Electric by 2025

The company's CEO Thierry Bolloré made the announcement, according to Forbes and USA Today, while adding that electric vehicles would make up 60 percent of new vehicles sold under the company's Land Rover SUV brand by 2030 as well.

“By the middle of the decade, Jaguar will have undergone a renaissance to emerge as a pure electric luxury brand with a dramatically beautiful new portfolio of emotionally engaging designs and pioneering next-generation technologies," Bolloré added.

If Jaguar is still using Lucas Electrics their EVs won't ever get off the showroom floor.

1613428888719.png

The Land Rover marque is carrying that company on its back. Jaguar is a dying brand, losing ground to the big germans and being cannibalized by LR. They need a new group of buyer to survive.

the ipace apparently isn’t bad for what it is but they seem to be putting big bets on the electric XJ. time will tell

Last edited:
Rushing will lead to bankruptcy.

Get there but don't set any concrete dates. Should move toward hybrids and then offer full electrics alongside hybrids and gas only vehicles.

Let the market decide.

I guess I don't understand the rush to go electric. ICE venicles will be with us for a long time and the EV additional electricity demands need to be addressed, no small task.
I wish Jag luck and success in their endeavours.
Echo what you said here.

It sounds like they’re feeling a bit (OK, maybe a lot) of anxiety about not having anything electric, and feeling like they’re being left behind by the big guys, and feeling like they need to hurry up and get something electric on the market.

The big automakers in Europe need to tell the EU lawmakers to suck it, and back off on the forced Electric vehicle requirement. I think an all electric Jaguar would be as exciting as a toaster.
From our recent experience in BC, the government should spend money on building dikes, putting in decent size culverts and bridge abutments, instead subsidizing wealthy people to purchase electric cars.

The big automakers in Europe need to tell the EU lawmakers to suck it, and back off on the forced Electric vehicle requirement. I think an all electric Jaguar would be as exciting as a toaster.

It could be. Jaguar is well known for their automotive electrical systems and I’ll leave it at that.

The only large OEM giving push-back is Toyota. I bet that changes soon.

Toyota has a number of models that will be EV when sales determine that is the way to go. Meanwhile they keep their chips close. Hybrids are a big seller right now.

The way they appear to be setting up they can go full EV anytime.

Modern Jaguars are lacking. They need to regain foothold of the market before they start showing off their fancy EVs. I wouldn’t buy a Jaguar ICE, why would I buy a Jaguar EV?

Lots of 20th century thinking going on here. Jaguar hasn't used Lucas electrical systems fro decades and they have markedly improved all around since they got away from Ford and Tata pumped billions into Jaguar.

They are selling every I Pace (their EV) that they can produce. Is it truly competitive with a Tesla ? No. But it has a lot going for it in ways that appeal to a buyer of a luxury RV that Tesla doesn't.

I'm the kind of buyer that wouldn't spend $35K on a car without carefully researching it let alone $120K. I bought a 2021 Jaguar F Type R in May and sleep well at night with my decision.

Jaguar will always be a small production automaker. Their move to all electric by 2025 may be premature but we'll see if that is still their plan in another couple of years.

Lots of 20th century thinking going on here. Jaguar hasn't used Lucas electrical systems fro decades and they have nosedived since they got away from Ford and Tata pumped billions into Land Rover
fixed

your f-type is sitting on a 22 year old platform. everything JLR does is focused on land rover, zero effort is being put into the jaguar lineup.

all of the talent left a long time ago. they were making very competitive vehicles in the early 2000s and now they are bottom of the barrel

Last edited:
Exactly... But maybe in january 2022 nobody speaks about ev cars in EU. Will be more Putin head lines in the media😁

Back