Jack Stands - GTAers

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all GTAers...

I am looking to source a specific type of jack stand in the GTA as so far I had no luck in locating this specific type

I have attached a few photos as the type of jack stand I need is specific to where I need the top plate to be flat area, not the usual axle jack type...

I tried Princess Auto, CT, and some small auto parts suppliers, but no luck... If anyone has seen the type of jack stand, appreciate your feedback...

Thanks

3640017440_9fba0337a6.jpg

3640017242_9edd270e42.jpg

I can't remember the last time I saw one of those? The base does not look as stable as most stands.....

I use the axle type stand and use a small piece of hardwood for protecting paint etc. This works great on cars and 3/4 and 1 ton vans and trucks I have worked on.

Where?.. thanks

Originally Posted By: 1993_VG30E_GXE
I know where you can buy these in Toronto but they are really expensive.

Well, i'ts through one of my suppliers. Do you own your own company? I could sub-contract it to you.

Worse comes to worse you could buy it on my account, if you go there in person and just pay in cash or credit card. The price is:

3 Ton = 44.05 each
6 Ton = 59.11 each

Hi 1993.. Do you have a brand of the stands so I can take a look at them (online)?

thanks 1993...

Originally Posted By: 1993_VG30E_GXE
Well, i'ts through one of my suppliers. Do you own your own company? I could sub-contract it to you.

Worse comes to worse you could buy it on my account, if you go there in person and just pay in cash or credit card. The price is:

3 Ton = 44.05 each
6 Ton = 59.11 each

Do not under any circumstances use the jack stands sold at Canadian Tire. Most are made out of thick sheet metal, but right where the bottom edge is under tension there is a 130? degree cut-out corner in the sheet metal with a thin weld, holding the halves together. You do not build a load carrying device with a sharp cut out corner right where metal is under tension, unless you want to sell coffins on the side.

I've got a pair that look just like that but thought they looked kinda flimsy so I went out and bought a new pair at sears.

Sure, send me a private message with your email address and i'll send you a scan of the info. I don't think it's online but i'll check. The brand is Westward I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back