J2534

Can someone recommend a J2534? Looks like I will have to purchase a Windows laptop as well. After I repaired my mother's Impala, she stated that the airbag light that hasn't bothered her now bothers her. It's setting a code for left frt sensor which needs programming so I haven't entertained it. Same goes for rear defroster not working for 8 years that GM diagnosed as a short somewhere in the vehicle which they wanted 2k to diagnose. I quickly glanced at my scanner and noticed ambient temp sensor is reading 172 degrees and dash is reading correctly so it's possible that module is bad, therefore more programming. Called a local guy who wants 400 per module for programming when I thought I needed ecu. We have an Impala, Saturn and Nissan Versa all over 170k and they can't or want a new vehicle. I looked at SMpro 2, vxdiag, GM clone and Autel. Autel is highest and I really don't want, nor have a grand laying around to fix family's vehicle.

2018 Dodge Grand Caravan

I have a Autel Elite J2534, Really depends if the manufacturer has a wrapper/software for the particular device you're using along with it being stable at the time of use. No expectation of support using a aftermarket J-box.

I use a GM MDI and MDI2 - you can grab a used MDI off ebay for pretty cheap. It does the job great for GM. I also have the same Autel unit as clinebarger but have not used it yet.

Back