It’s worth to report lost stolen jack to apartment complex ?

I was working on my car on Monday . I left the 3 ton floorjack habor freight the old grey style I bought 10 years ago lol ( I don’t think they make them any more ) . And 2 jack stand I bought from Walmart $30 : so properly around $100 in lost . I left back on my truck for little over a week and I haven’t drove my truck lately . Today I took my truck to work and doing some cleaning in back of my truck . I note that my jack is gone and my 2 stand . But they dint take the long bar that hook up to the floor jack .

I don’t know they do me a favor or not because I want buy a lighter 3 ton floor jack . I was thinking report it to my apartment manager not for getting it back . Just for awareness to the area .

It’s not much but I feel tiny down for stuff stolen from me.

What y’all think . It’s worth report to my apartment complex or no ?

Quick note . I been want bring the floorjack inside my apartment but it’s heavy and I like ok I do it on the weekend … I guess some one doing it for me lol

IMO a bike is about the smallest item value wise that I would report, the police aren't going to be able to do anything either. If there aren't cameras in the complex you won't get anywhere reporting it to anyone.

Report it to the police. Assume it's not a secure fenced in parking lot, what do you expect your apartment complex to do about it? And don't leave anything of value in your vehicle when it's unattended.
Unfortunately this is what the apartment complex's response will likely be.

I would go file the report - it will add to the crime stats and maybe someone will eventually do something about it. Wishful thinking I know.

I had a locked Childs bike stolen in a private, restricted access supposedly secure, underground parking garage I lived in years ago - the day I bought the bike. If I were king I would go back to cutting thieves hands off.

The apartment complex or law enforcement aren't going to take any action on something like this. Both may pay you some lip service but no actual results will follow. I'd just consider it a $100 life lesson.
Most realistic answer ^^. Report it if you want but do not expect anything to come of it and don't waste your time "following up".

I would go file the report - it will add to the crime stats and maybe someone will eventually do something about it. ...
Agreed. While what other posters have said about not getting much if any investigation in a matter like this is probably true, more crime stats can mean more funding for police.

Report it to the front office. I wouldn't bother with a police report. IMO it's a waste of everyone's time. It's tough living in an apartment and trying to DIY. Been there myself.
I got in trouble for changing tires at my old apartment.

Then a month later my neighbor did both head gaskets on his 4.3L s10. Dumped coolant / oil into the driveway. So weird. They didn't care that someone else was working on their vehicle.

Reactions: JC1
Agreed. While what other posters have said about not getting much if any investigation in a matter like this is probably true, more crime stats can mean more funding for police.
And if the complex is large enough they will have their own crime stat area with the online tools, so if there apartment block has higher crime stats than the surrounding area management might do something also.

Bring it up to apt manager. If he's not at least sympathetic, report it to the police. Thief hangouts need their data properly recorded. Potential renters need an accurate picture.

Always report a crime to police, and your apt office which could have the culprit on camera.

Action depends on your location. I can see that many live in a 'do nothing' area. Around here, deputies do plenty and actively.

If there are no cameras, you learned your lesson.

BTW, the jack and stands are at the local pawn shop. They will be back for you catalytic converters next week.

Definitely report to both the cops and complex. Make them aware that there’s undesirables lurking around. Although unfortunately if it’s not going to bring the cops any revenue, they’ll blow it off.

Back