It's salt season again

I reluctantly crawled under my 2019 Ram 1500 classic today to snap a pic of the ATF heater on the side of it's 8hp70 because of a chat I was having with another 2019 owner on another board.

It looks awful under there. I've sprayed most everything under there with fluid film and woolwax, but it can only do so much.

FTShmsVl.jpg
Mine still looks pretty decent, but I never got around to rust proofing anything. I also took this picture at midnight 2 weeks ago lol
09734CB9-529C-4B06-960C-67D36FD7F932.jpeg

Reactions: JTK
I reluctantly crawled under my 2019 Ram 1500 classic today to snap a pic of the ATF heater on the side of it's 8hp70 because of a chat I was having with another 2019 owner on another board.

It looks awful under there. I've sprayed most everything under there with fluid film and woolwax, but it can only do so much.

FTShmsVl.jpg
Hey, look at it this way...it looks awful but you are helping the situation. It would be worse if you did nothing at all.

I look at it like this... I live in central NC and we do get a slight bit of messy weather now and then. Like anybody else I don't like having the pre-treatment spray, salt, sand, etc. all over/under my ride, BUT I'd rather deal with a bit of mess than any possible damage caused by navigating untreated roads. Not concerned with my driving, but all else around me as some people lose it driving in something they're not that used to.

Most hilarious thing is looking at the car wash lines as soon as the sun pops out. Some don't take into account all the mess created once the plowed snow/salt/mud melts and covers their nicely cleaned car all over again as they drive through it. I wait until we have a decent amount of rain, get out and drive in it, look for shallow pools to drive through as that sort of thing does help flush out underneath. Once things get somewhat back to normal I then go through a mild touch free wash to do the undercarriage and soon after that will hand wash/wax it.

I look at it like this... I live in central NC and we do get a slight bit of messy weather now and then. Like anybody else I don't like having the pre-treatment spray, salt, sand, etc. all over/under my ride, BUT I'd rather deal with a bit of mess than any possible damage caused by navigating untreated roads. Not concerned with my driving, but all else around me as some people lose it driving in something they're not that used to.

Most hilarious thing is looking at the car wash lines as soon as the sun pops out. Some don't take into account all the mess created once the plowed snow/salt/mud melts and covers their nicely cleaned car all over again as they drive through it. I wait until we have a decent amount of rain, get out and drive in it, look for shallow pools to drive through as that sort of thing does help flush out underneath. Once things get somewhat back to normal I then go through a mild touch free wash to do the undercarriage and soon after that will hand wash/wax it.
Timing is key!

We have Covid in the house, and I knew my car would be sitting at least a week. I washed it and put it away. 40 degree week ahead means it’ll stay that way after it comes out.

I usually give it a couple days of warm up, and then wash at night.

I tell my wife that we will not be driving much winter season because of cold weather starts and corrosive slush. That means consolidating all our chores into single drives, ending grocery store trips for that '1' desired item, and eating out less. Although inconvenient at times, the strategy has an bonus benefit of cash savings. She doesn't mind, since she doesn't like the cold much either.

Hey, look at it this way...it looks awful but you are helping the situation. It would be worse if you did nothing at all.
I used PB blaster Surface shield this year on new vehicle . That does not wash off . I went to the car wash yesterday and put the nozzle at my frame , it's tuff stuff . I'm glad I used the surface shield . Wool wax and fluid film can be washed out of clothes , once the surface shield is on clothes it's not washing out .

I used PB blaster Surface shield this year on new vehicle . That does not wash off . I went to the car wash yesterday and put the nozzle at my frame , it's tuff stuff . I'm glad I used the surface shield . Wool wax and fluid film can be washed out of clothes , once the surface shield is on clothes it's not washing out .

I didn't know PB blaster had such a product. Thanks for the tip. I see they sell it in 1gal pails so you can spray it the same was as FF or WW.

Back