It's going to get colder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think is it because it has become ONLY a 'political/cultural/worldview issue' (on BOTH sides) that it is deemed a NO GO on here (and I for one AGREE with that!).
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-january-25-2014

"could be the 3rd or 4th coldest winter on record in the US midwest"

It certainly looks like they failed with that forecast.

We're in the area that they predicted "131% of normal snowfall", and we've had very little snow this year-not even close to normal. We've had a couple cold snaps, but January wasn't even in the top 20 Januarys for coldest temperatures, despite the weather people gushing over their "polar vortex". We've had one moderate snow in December, the rest have been smaller dustings. Friday night/Saturday morning we received perhaps two inches of fluffy snow-not even worth getting the tractor out to plow the drive.

Long range weather prediction is simply a joke-anyone that believes they can predict the weather more than a few days out is simply wrong, but it's especially bad when they try to do it months in advance, or in the case of the Bozo in the video, years in advance.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

We're in the area that they predicted "131% of normal snowfall", and we've had very little snow this year-not even close to normal. We've had a couple cold snaps, but January wasn't even in the top 20 Januarys for coldest temperatures, despite the weather people gushing over their "polar vortex". We've had one moderate snow in December, the rest have been smaller dustings. Friday night/Saturday morning we received perhaps two inches of fluffy snow-not even worth getting the tractor out to plow the drive.

Long range weather prediction is simply a joke-anyone that believes they can predict the weather more than a few days out is simply wrong, but it's especially bad when they try to do it months in advance, or in the case of the Bozo in the video, years in advance.

Around here we have had decent snow (not sure how it ranks). On the weather report recently they stated that it was a record, except that weve had a few freak 60 degree days mixed in. Pull the outliers out and it is one of the coldest on record.

Of course I dont know how good their statistics are in terms of the actual maths...

I see; just because YOUR EXACT location didn't get what was predicted, the entire forecast was wrong. ROLLING EYES. Joe [censored] predicted this winter would be record breaking for cold and snow 2 years ago; he's a brilliant forecaster and many companies pay him a lot of money to get the weather correct.

It certainly looks like that forecast is dead on accurate. Northern Illinois is having one of the coldest and snowiest in quite awhile. That was in the center of that blue.

Sorry your neighborhood has missed out on the fun.

Why does this foul weather ALWAYS have to come through the Midwest? We can't get a break for nothing!

It seems to me like one of the colder winters. Maybe it won't be, if you average the temp of each day over the winter season; but the pair of polar vortexes strike me as one of the coldest.

I will say the forecasters have been more wrong than right this year. At times they are revising the forecast dramatically every 4 hours it seems. I'm probably being overly hard but it seems this winter they haven't been able to get the predictions correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back