It's a fair move :ga/C3PO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky our dollar is going up and the price of oil has dropped a bit, otherwise, our petrol prices would be screaming through the roof...most recently $1.71/l ($6.125 US/US Gal).

Petrol companies have explained away "cheap Tuesday", followed by the Friday price shock as the market at work. Refineries run 24/7. Fuel stocks mount up on Tuesday, and need to be cleared, thus lower prices. By Friday's demand time the tanks are starting to empty and the price goes up.

ACCC (Oz Competition and Consumer Commission) have bought it for a half decade.

Last week, consumers have been met with long Tuesday evening queues, as a lot less than all of pumps have been running. "not available for service" signs hanging off them.

A suspicious lot then tried them. Found that they cleared...and they pumped petrol.

retailers buying fuel on cheap Tuesday, and restricting sale until later in the week ?

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2008...cheap_fuel_days

Security reasons are the acceptable answer.

Everything in the name of security.

Screaming about it won't help
grin2.gif
. But I imagine if a few station owners have their arms pulled out of their sockets it might make them a bit more sensitive.

Let's see if things get a bit itchy down under
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Actually your dollar has been in the krapper and has gone down against the USD. I dumped my Australian dollars months ago. I may pick some though in the near future. Haven's decided yet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=FXC#c...ource=undefined

Al, the dollar that I was referring to was 45c US when petrol was $1/litre...treasurer told us that every cent it dropped was a cent/litre at the pump, and every $ oil rose was similarly a cent/litre at the pump.

His math has been proven to either be wrong or simply an expedient lie at the time.

I guess. In the last year Oil has doubled and the Ausssie dollar has gone up less than 20% against the dollar. And actually since Jan the Aussie dollar has only increased about 17 percent. It gave up a lot of value at the end of last year.

re "gone down"...we're still around 96c and never reached parity...

What's your definition of going down the "krapper" ?

"Lack of increase" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back