It's a Cop Car....

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
Now that the Camaro is gone I think the Charger is the car they've been looking for...plenty of room, plenty of power, and should blend in pretty well too if they avoid the zebra paint scheme.

The Charger is the car that will replace ALL current cars in the UHP. Over 400 of them will be replaced by this time next year.

The few that are out there are getting well over 20 mpg!

The Crown Vics get well below 20 mpg...

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

looks like it also has a bypass oil filter return into the oil filler cap. Or would this more likely be a turbo oil line return?

The oil does get pumped back from the turbo to the engine and yes I think that is what you are seeing.
The STS system does work suprizingly well and a big V8 like that does not exibit turbo lag in such a mild setup. There was a mini explosion of f-bodies in law enforment after the Caprice went away in 96, the CV is a DOG and the w-body Impala being FWD is not as durable as law enforcment was accustommed to.

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
"...The Turbo is in the rear of the car and you can see it from the left rear wheel well..."

Ok..say what?

STS (remote mount) Turbos have been around for a couple years now...
www.ststurbo.com

CHP didn't use the bitchin Camaro's down here. I heard Riverside/SanBernadino got them?
Just 5.0's and CrownVics for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back