It Might Be 11 Years Old...

...but it still cleans up nice! Had a gift card to use up at Autozone so I wanted to try out Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic wax out. Figured the Tacoma needed a little love, so it was the test subject. Was a little strange to use, but turned out ok.

Meguiar's Hyper Wash
Meguiar's Iron Remover
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Aerospace 303 (on trim)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

First time using an iron remover and decontamination product; I'll say I'm impressed. The roof is severely oxidized and it somehow reduced it by 50%! I plan on buying the gallon now! Isn't perfect as the single stage paint could use another light polish, but that will have to wait till I'm on vacation. For over the counter products I'm pleased. Shamefully it hasn't seen a sealant/wax in almost a year. Also replaced the headlights last weekend as the old ones were beyond repair and one was cracked.

Originally Posted by Delta
...but it still cleans up nice! Had a gift card to use up at Autozone so I wanted to try out Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic wax out. Figured the Tacoma needed a little love, so it was the test subject. Was a little strange to use, but turned out ok.

Meguiar's Hyper Wash
Meguiar's Iron Remover
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Aerospace 303 (on trim)

First time using an iron remover and decontamination product; I'll say I'm impressed. The roof is severely oxidized and it somehow reduced it by 50%! I plan on buying the gallon now! Isn't perfect as the single stage paint could use another light polish, but that will have to wait till I'm on vacation. For over the counter products I'm pleased. Shamefully it hasn't seen a sealant/wax in almost a year. Also replaced the headlights last weekend as the old ones were beyond repair and one was cracked.

Last edited:
I had a 2006 with a 4 cyl that I gave to my son . For me was a great truck and my son loves it. Nice truck.

It definitely doesn't look its age.

You might want to consider Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner as an alternative to their iron remover (I'm assuming you bought D2002?). It does the same thing and costs less.

Well geez, your doing it wrong and need a vehicle that looks dull and wore out.
Oughta be looking for excuses to shop. The common deals are no payment for 90 days which thereby puts off your 10 year car loan for 3 more months !! SUCH DEALS
banana2.gif

White always looks brilliant when cared for so well. It'll really catch notice looking so pristine
I think most of my life, I've taken older cars for granted never really thinking about it. My dad was always keeping up the cars washing waxing etc....and to this day, has a 99 Bug that looks showroom and an 05 Prius as the same. I'll guess 80 k on the VW and for sure 190 to 200k on the Toyo.
Luckily, I kind of learned or inherited that quest for keeping the cars looking nice.
They reside in MI where the nasty cold and oft ugly brown or black snow lays around forever sometimes.
My wife and I seem to go around 8 years or more with our cars and many times they were not new but new to us. The last two we sold or traded were an 08 and an 04 with 119 k and 124,000 both sporting a deep gloss helping them get noticed and holding some value. That's a win / win worth some of the efforts involved.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words all!

asiancivicmaniac - That was the exact product I used. It kind of caught my eye, worked real well. A little spendy, but cut decon labor by over half. I'll look out for that wheel cleaner, thanks!

bachman - Heh, I've been tempted by all the deals and such, but this truck is simpler to work on and the perfect size. When I did buy it, it looked pretty darn sad. Taken alot of work to get it somewhat decent. I plan to work on it some more on my vacation here soon. Fact all my vehicles need work, gonna be a busy person!

Back