It looks like SuperTech is in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wait.. Isn't that what private equity firms normally do? They jack up prices to squeeze more money out of a company before they dump it? odd walmart is going along with this, but then again walmart has the profit margin they want so if the cost of warren/highline products go up, so does the supertech..

Well "price wise". The battle between Quaker State & SuperTech is taking an effect to SuperTech's cheap oil price tag. At the Walmart here in Houston, if you go in the afternoon, Quaker State's shelves seems to be almost empty. Then the next morning store clerks fill it up with 5 qt jugs of Quaker State of different viscosities and later in the afternoon they're almost gone. Pennzoil & Valvoline lower prices are also right there just a hitting distance between Quaker State & Supertech. I must say SuperTech is in trouble, well in the stores here in Houston. I don't know in other cities in other states..
Well it looks like Walmart is playing games with us in New Mexico Supertech is 2147 same as Quaker State fs time to switch toQS

What am I missing here...?? Supertech is a fine oil and I see no reason to switch to (Quaker State for example) another oil unless there was a compelling reason to do so.

What's the point? Some of these posts make it sound like the Supertech is a last resort and in my opinion, I've had great UOA's with it. I'll keep using it.

Hmm, they haven't had either Motorcraft filters I need in months. I figured it was just shortage. Since I've seen crappy 820 pics I guess it's for the best.
Walmart in NM same hardly any filters. Supertech 20k oil filter is $5.50 and the same champ made badged in KnN is premium price of $10 We have to be very careful of what we’re buying.

Walmart in NM same hardly any filters. Supertech 20k oil filter is $5.50 and the same champ made badged in KnN is premium price of $10 We have to be very careful of what we’re buying.
The Warren Supertech is great in my 16 Yukon and great uoa. Just in 2021 it was $15 then $17 $19 and now today $21.48. So close to PP and Valvoline I’ll go with them

First, they let customers taste the Quaker State for next to nothing. But the next time is gonna cost ya a little. Now you're hooked. You want 5 more quarts? That will be $758.46.

Supertech is one of the most reputable brands of oil in the market today. This oil is manufactured by Warren Oil Company International. The company was formed by Tennessean William K. Warren in the twentieth century when there was an oil boom

I knew that. Supertech is just a brand name. Highline Warren as they are known as now makes a lot of stuff.

HW is America’s biggest manufacturer of windshield washer fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back