It happened again!?!?

Been a while since someone said anything in this post.

Guess, what?

It happened again 🤣 😭

I drove the car today. Started it in the morning. Fired right up. Went to Aldi. The car sat for an hour in the Aldi parking lot. After getting groceries, I go to start it, it fired right up.

I go home, the car sat for an hour. I pressed the push start button, the car took a little longer to fire up. It cranked for 2-4 sec then fired up. This same issue happened to me 2 years ago, beginning of this year, and twice this week.

I don’t think this is normal.

I’m starting to think my starter is on its way out.

My Mechanic checked the ground wires and battery a month ago and said they look fine. I checked them myself and they seem fine.

No CEL or codes.

I might drop it off at my indy to see if they can figure out the issue. If it happens again. If not, they won't charge me.

This a starting to get on my nerves 😡

Our Santa Fe Sport has been doing this exact same thing for 3 years. I don't give it a second thought because it hasn't gotten worse and remains so intermittent that if i ever took it anywhere for a look, i promise you it wouldn't do it for them.

Our Santa Fe Sport has been doing this exact same thing for 3 years. I don't give it a second thought because it hasn't gotten worse and remains so intermittent that if i ever took it anywhere for a look, i promise you it wouldn't do it for them.
On my BMW it hardly happened after the first time. This week it happened twice in one day.

My mechanic won't charge me if the issue doesn't happen when the car's at his shop. So, I might make an appointment and drop it off.

But, the earliest appointment I can get is in two weeks.

The ground cable turned green so I think the mechanic was wrong when he or she said it was good

I think I posted this link to FCP before:
"In the image below, the ground cable has corroded and turned green. At this point, the cable has hardened and has lost its flexibility and ability to conduct electricity. Engine movement wears these straps over time, causing them to crack. Once the cable has corroded and cracked, the vehicle will typically develop a long/slow crank and eventually refuse to crank if the problem is not addressed."

The ground cable turned green so I think the mechanic was wrong when he or she said it was good

I think I posted this link to FCP before:
"In the image below, the ground cable has corroded and turned green. At this point, the cable has hardened and has lost its flexibility and ability to conduct electricity. Engine movement wears these straps over time, causing them to crack. Once the cable has corroded and cracked, the vehicle will typically develop a long/slow crank and eventually refuse to crank if the problem is not addressed."
My ground cable looks pretty green 🤣
135203024_227471802198999_5671844104126490178_n.jpg
135470960_216547619976032_5643996937408969190_n.jpg

There are two I think. One is easy to get to (the one in the video) and there's another one under the power steering res.

Didn't know that. This was the only one I had replaced and it solved the starting issues. Maybe consider starting with it first, especially since it's easier to get to.

The guy in the video commented about the one on the drivers side:
"if x drive car gotta get the top bolt from the top. You need to be under the car to get to the bottom bolt. You can remove the panel that covers the fuel filter to get a better view"

This was the only one I had replaced and it solved the starting issues. Maybe consider starting with it first, especially since it's easier to get to.
Hmm, let me go take a look at that ground wire. I know the one under the power steering resv. is green. Not sure about the one by the windshield washer thing.

Back