Isn't it supposed to be a challenge to find GC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I know how to identify it and figure the dates, it seems every Auto Zone around he is well-stocked. Heck, I found one place today that had 3 cases, plus loose stock on the shelves! I thought this stuff was supposed to be hard to find...or am I missing something? This seems too easy, like perhaps I am finding something that's not the real GC...yet the bottles all match the descriptions...what gives?

Someone please explain before I go broke! Stockpile has gone up from 88 quarts to about 152 in less than a week due to my discovery of how to identify GC...

Here in norther california our auto zones only carry with castrol gtx in the white bottles at least the ones ive been too.

OK...well folks I've been digging around even more on this forum...turns out that about 90% of what I just bought is 2005 "gold" GC!!!

Should I keep it and be pleased I paid only $3.99 a quart, or return it and get my money back?

I knew it seemed too easy to find this stuff!!!

In my humble opinion, if you plan to use it, then keep it. More and more evidence seems to indicate that the gold is very, very similiar in formula to the green and performs as well. In addition, you also may want to keep your stash because the German Castrol has not been affected by the problems caused by Katrina. Finally, you paid $3.99; this is a pretty darn good price for this quality oil. Good luck finding pre-Katrina Mobil one for that price. I think that the so-called "obsession" with the green stuff is, among most of us, somewhat tongue in cheek. But you are right, the gold stuff is not hard to find.

Keep it...keep it...keep it...(I've got to have a L__O__N__G talk with this guy.)
grin.gif

Here in the Los Angeles latitude, GC Gold is mostly stocked in AZ's larger stores. You're lucky if you find the Green.

Bowser

I would guess its harder to find in your larger city areas. but in the sticks where I live. been able to find atleast 8 loose Qts in every store I went too. I havent asked if they have cases in the back yet. I am about ready to be baptised soon. when I try it in about 2 more weeks. I want to see how it runs in my truck before buying a ton of this elvish elixar
freak2.gif
I have 12 Qts right now. good for 2 oil changes.

I know my push mower really loves it. runs smoother than it ever did when new. I know when I ran some advance auto store oil in it to flush it out some. the oil wasnt changed in awhile and looked bad. after putting that junk in. I thought my mower was on its last leg. ran really rough. so drained that and put the Green in. fired right up and ran so smooth.

I think the blank stare is more attributable to the fact that a Wookie came into the store asking about engine oil.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back