ISIS burns Jordanian pilot alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Actually, I suspect many "moderate" Muslims actually SUPPORT the radicals.

It saddens me to agree.

I wouldn't have, but a year or so ago I saw a group of young muslim girls at the neighborhood 7-11 getting Slurpees and candy....regular little girl stuff. (nestled amongst the Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, and Baptist churches in my neighborhood is a mosque)

Several of these little girls had their faces painted like young children often do. A few had Palestinian flags on one cheek and, "DEATH TO ISRAEL" on the other.

Death to Israel. The sentiments of a young child. Little girls that I would have guessed would be more interested in Barbies and ponies. They were young enough that some weren't wearing hijabs.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

Several of these little girls had their faces painted like young children often do. A few had Palestinian flags on one cheek and, "DEATH TO ISRAEL" on the other.

I'll leave it at sickening, and keep my suggestions for a fix to myself.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

It saddens me to agree.

I wouldn't have, but a year or so ago I saw a group of young muslim girls at the neighborhood 7-11 getting Slurpees and candy....regular little girl stuff. (nestled amongst the Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, and Baptist churches in my neighborhood is a mosque)

Death to Israel. The sentiments of a young child. Little girls that I would have guessed would be more interested in Barbies and ponies. They were young enough that some weren't wearing hijabs.

Looks to me like an open and shut case of child abuse. Take the kids and lock up the parents.

Very few Muslims support these guys. I was speaking with a friend of mine recently. He is from Jordan.

We both think that ISIS is wrong, they are deluded, crazy, evil people, and that they need to be destroyed. And we are Muslims.

There are certain countries and groups that send them money, as ISIS makes for turmoil and some seek to gain from that.

JHZR2, King Abdullah at least seems to be stepping it up. I hope that this continues, and that other localities follow suit. There isn't any evidence of this so far. King Abdullah is a direct descendant of Muhammad, and believes he knows more about Islam than the Daesh do. He has been a very liberal king, as Muslims go, freeing up the press quite a bit, and promoting interfaith cooperation and peace in Jordan. I think, and hope, that Daesh messed with the wrong country.

It's clear that the overwhelming majority of Daesh's victims have been Muslim, and I really hope that there will be a strong Muslim backlash.

I myself am an infidel a non-Muslim, and I hope that there are Muslims in the Middle East that will take on the Daesh.

And Cristobal, shukran jazeelan for your comments.

Uhh, what?
Note: I've been saying for YEARS that the only way to deal with radical Islam is to completely wipe them out.

Unfortunately I think that the majority of Muslims are approving what the "radical" Muslims are doing. Its not possible to wipe all of them out. I still maintain that we can't fix it and most Muslims don't want to fix it.

I'd like to see the big Chinese military march on ISIS territory in numbers to wipe them out. Unfortunately, they are isolationists to an extreme.

didnt read the entire thread. the islamic nation is like a cancer. the cure for cancer always involves radiation. nuff said.

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
I'd like to see the big Chinese military march on ISIS territory in numbers to wipe them out. Unfortunately, they are isolationists to an extreme.

The Chinese model of foreign policy, where they are not involved militarily in diverse places, is one reason why they have grown their economy so much. Their very ancient idea is that the world must come to China, not the other way around.

The Chinese know that ISIS will collapse or burn out some day, to be replaced with some other government.

Quote:

Unfortunately I think that the majority of Muslims are approving what the "radical" Muslims are doing. Its not possible to wipe all of them out. I still maintain that we can't fix it and most Muslims don't want to fix it.

Islam has hardly ever been politically united, and different schools/sects appeared early in the times of its expansion.

Most Muslims do not in any way approve of
ISIS crazies. They will not do anything about ISIS unless they are directly threatened, as the Jordanian nation is.

Most Muslims thing that this dream of reviving the Caliphate is as pointless as Mussolini's dream of a revival of the Roman Empire.

They will not try to "fix" it any more than American Christians wanted to take sides in Northern Ireland's "Troubles." They have their own lives to lead, not someone else's.

UNFORTUNATELY!!?? You want to see the Chinese flex their muscles and invade foreign territory??!! I would much rather they sit quietly in their part of the world and leave everyone alone. If they had imperial ambitions such as Japan had back in WW2, no one would be able to stop them today. Be careful what you wish for.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

UNFORTUNATELY!!?? You want to see the Chinese flex their muscles and invade foreign territory??!! I would much rather they sit quietly in their part of the world and leave everyone alone. If they had imperial ambitions such as Japan had back in WW2, no one would be able to stop them today. Be careful what you wish for.

They could be stopped. But the sacrifice required to do so would be monumental. Germany would have to have the restrictions on military development removed and would need to ramp up their industrial might like it was WWII all over again. The same goes for over here.

About the Chinese actually doing something about ISIS, they aren't. Still, they have 1.7 billion people yet the western world shoulders war burdens around the globe.

The Chinese have been dealing with warlords for thousands of yrs. They handle them by absorbing them over the course of a few generations. Sorta like the Borg. How many terror events has the Peoples Republic endured?
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
The Chinese have been dealing with warlords for thousands of yrs. They handle them by absorbing them over the course of a few generations. Sorta like the Borg. How many terror events has the Peoples Republic endured?
grin2.gif

You mean if you ignore Tibetan Monks burning themselves and the entire revolution thing they did in the 40's which lead to Taiwan? Oh and the Mongols...

China lacks the ability to effectively project and sustain their military power outside of their hemisphere. They're just now building aircraft carriers and its still a learning process for them.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

China lacks the ability to effectively project and sustain their military power outside of their hemisphere. They're just now building aircraft carriers and its still a learning process for them.

Exactly. While they are indeed a threat there is no way they could supply and sustain a larger effort that far away. Same goes for Russia, most major powers except US rely on intimidation with little real ability to project their power across large distances...

China is busy developing/investing their infrastructure, they could care less about warships, maybe they cuz they don't have lobby from big ship builders paying big $$$ to the people republic generals!
why do ya need warships when they own our chunky you know what, guess who holds most of our debt?

Something we should be focusing on, rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Exactly. While they are indeed a threat there is no way they could supply and sustain a larger effort that far away. Same goes for Russia, most major powers except US rely on intimidation with little real ability to project their power across large distances...

Yet we need to spends tax dollars and American blood on Isis when the Muslim world may not be ballsy/angry enough to do so, because they're going to invade our soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back