Is Valvoline pushing Maxlife ATF too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read there has been a close relationship between Mazda & Ford for quite some time .

My personal experiences with Fords are from the late 60's to the early 70's , presumably , pre-dating this relationship .

I have no personal experience with Mazda .

So , with those disclaimers , does Ford use the same transmission ar the one in your target vehicle ? If so , what fluid does Ford spec ?

Thanks , :)

Last edited:
Im really confused with Maxlife ATF in the aspect that the Mercon spec is Mercon LV. No Ford's in this country really use Mercon LV. 90% of the Ford vehicles use either Mercon or Mercon V.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Im really confused with Maxlife ATF in the aspect that the Mercon spec is Mercon LV. No Ford's in this country really use Mercon LV. 90% of the Ford vehicles use either Mercon or Mercon V.

The 6R140 & 6R80 used in F-series trucks call for Mercon LV.....That alone accounts for millions of Fords.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128

My fusion and all the other fords that use the 6F35 six speed auto are Mercon LV. Millions more...

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

The 6R140 & 6R80 used in F-series trucks call for Mercon LV.....That alone accounts for millions of Fords.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

My fusion and all the other fords that use the 6F35 six speed auto are Mercon LV. Millions more...

Those are NOT pure Ford transmissions, they are GM-Ford: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM-Ford_6-speed_automatic_transmission

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back