Is this an oil leak?

I put a paper underneath the car as I thought it might be leaking. This is the result after 2 days.

Is this oil? Should I be concerned with this leak? (doesn't look significant does it?)

What is even more weird is that if I park it outside (where the driveway is at a slight incline), it doesn't leak! I parked it facing both up and down. This only happens inside my garage where obviously is pretty much level.

Attachments

• PXL_20230601_032535137.jpg
    PXL_20230601_032535137.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 44
You would really need to get under the car to inspect, it could be power steering fluid, oil, transmission fluid.

No way to tell without identifying the source of the leak.

I thought that I had an oil leak. It didn't smell like oil. It smelled bad. I felt it and it was slimier than oil. Realized that it was gear oil.

Smell it, feel it, look for traces of red color that would indicate ATF which is also used in the power steering pump.

It might still leak in your driveway but it's getting caught under the engine and puddling up somewhere and therefore, not dripping down.

No, it looks like a fat gentleman from the nineteenth century, dressed up in a suit and tie.

1685745072237.jpg

I put a paper underneath the car as I thought it might be leaking. This is the result after 2 days.

Is this oil? Should I be concerned with this leak? (doesn't look significant does it?)

What is even more weird is that if I park it outside (where the driveway is at a slight incline), it doesn't leak! I parked it facing both up and down. This only happens inside my garage where obviously is pretty much level.

What side of the car ???

On the side with the motor or on the side with the transmission?

Or the side with the serpentine belt and then it could be power steering leak?

On my cars the motor being on the right side… transmission on the left… and serpentine belt on the right with the power steering pump…

Is this fluid blown back behind on the cars frame ? Though unlikely in this case… but maybe ?

It looks like less than a half dozen drops. You would be amazed how far liquid will spread out. Personally I’d find the source. I hate oil leaks. My fear has always been you never know when it goes from a drip to a gush.

Climb under the vehicle with a good light and take a look.

Just my $0.02

Back