Is this a fishing email???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email from Chase asking to confirm my account details and log in to this website How can I get the IP/details of that website??? I didn't know I had a chase account
tongue.gif
I think this is the first fishing email I've ever got!! Some of the ones my brother gets are down right easy to spot but this one looks pretty clean. Here's a copy and paste of the email:

Chase sent this message to members).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from Chase. Learn more.
Notification of Chase Bank Security Department

Chase Important Notification

Dear Customer,

Our technical service department has recently updated our online banking software, and due to software upgrade we kindly ask you to follow the reference given below to confirm your membership details. Failure to confirm your membership details will suspend you from accessing your banking online.

To get started, please click the link below:

Regards,

Chase Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Chase Online Bank account and choose the "Help" link on any page.Chase
Please Note:
If we do no receive the appropriate account verification within 72 hours, then we will assume this Chase Bank account is fraudulent and will be suspended.The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your bank account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community.

This email appears in the language of the Chase site where you are registered.

Chase treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. Bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Insurance numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your Chase password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.
This Chase notice was sent to chase member based on your Chase account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences,

Copyright 2006 Chase Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Chase and the Chase logo are trademarks of Chase Inc.

If you don't have an account there, it's either an innocent mistake or (much more likely) a scam.

I get these every day, so I'm used to it. I've considered using the links and feeding them some bogus data to make them think they got something, but then they might just spam me more for revenge.

Yep. The only emails you should be getting from Chase are INSIDE the Account.

This is a true Phishing Email.

We got an e-mail "from" amazon.com that was worded almost exactly the same. Amazon's answer was that they would never send an e-mail asking for that information.

I've gotten a Chase Bank phishing e-mail, which can get very confusing if you HAVE a Chase acct. Always check phishy e-mails from anyone by Googling the bank and click on their security links, which should take you to the list of scams going around and an e-mail where you can forward these e-mails (i.e., [email protected]) for them to tell you whether the e-mail is bogus or not. Never click on any link inside the questionable e-mail.

Yes, one's first phishing e-mail is a real eye opener and shows you how close you can get to being scammed! Expect many in the future using the PayPal name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back