Is this a decent coolant funnel kit?

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023

I used to burp systems without a funnel, but thought I'd give this a try for $26. Any advice using this set or is it not really necessary? I'm working on an 05 Toyota radiator.

Coolant Funnel Kit.jpg

I have one just like it, minus the thing at the upper left with the black bulb on it.

Works as advertised. You can let the car idle for awhile and watch the bubbles percolate up from the radiator. Some cars are tricky to bleed the air out of the system and for them this might be ideal.

I purchased that OEM set (also minus the tester) a few months back when I replaced the thermostat in my Honda Odyssey. I've only used it that one time but I thought it was perfect for the task.

The vacuum filler kits look nice but I don't want to spend $90 for a tool I'll probably never use again. I haven't heard any issues with burping the Camry 2.4L 2AZ-FE engines necessitating a vacuum fill, it's a great idea though!

On some cars that wont do anything for you, some MB, Saab, VW, BMW and many more with especially with bottom mounted thermostats will not burp just overheat and will not register on the guage or trigger the hot light because the sensor is not in the coolant. They must be vacuum filled, no funnel needed.

Back