Is Splenda really fat-free?

I thought about asking that question on a conspiracy forum, but over there they want people to keep the topics related to Q. 😁

I drink Cascade orange soda and PowerAid cherry punch; which both contain Splenda as its soul sweetener. Am I really better off drinking that as opposed to high fructose corn syrup or sugar?

Last edited:
What does fat-free have to do anything in regards to HFCS or sugar as a sweetener?

Sweeteners, tabletop, sucralose, SPLENDA packets, 1 serving 1 packet​

Protein (g)0
Total lipid (fat) (g)0
Carbohydrate, by difference (g)0.9
Energy (kcal)3.31
Sugars, total (g)0.8
Fiber, total dietary (g)0

There is no fat in sugars. Sugar cause a spike in insulin which stores carbs as fat on your body. It is best to eliminate soft drinks from your diet. Sugar and other carbs make you fat, fat doesn't make you fat.
Ok but what if the liquid substance has no sugar; does the body treat it like sugar and make you fat anyway?

I thought about asking this question on a conspiracy forum, but over there they want people to keep the topics related to Q. 😁

I drink Cascade orange soda and PowerAid cherry punch; which both contain Splenda as its soul sweetener. Am I really better off drinking that as opposed to high fructose corn syrup or sugar?
I know some people who could use that.

Diet soft drinks with artificial sweeteners that have zero calories will not make you fat. They have zero nutritional value or caloric value.
Ok but I've heard conspiracy theories that say the zero calorie diet sodas will alter your metabolism and make you fat. Something about the body not recognizing the sweetener molecule, so therefore counts it as a calorie irregardless.

I thought about asking this question on a conspiracy forum, but over there they want people to keep the topics related to Q. 😁

Soul sweetener? Send a case to Putin? **Joke**

Don't know, but when I need a carbonated non alcoholic beverage, I go for the Zevia drinks with Stevia as the sweetener.
I like the idea but 17$ for a 12pack eww.

Edit: found a 12pk for 12.50

Last edited:

Wow.

Where to start? Sole. Soul. Too funny really.

No - I will just say get unhooked from ALL added sweeteners. You don't need them. Period.

Splenda is a family of sweeteners with the one in yellow box and yellow packets being sucralose.

Sucralose and sugar both mess with your blood sugar levels. If that's a problem then use other sweeteners.

There are some studies that indicate that artificial sweeteners may have a metabolic affect on your body. I just drink plain old water most of the time. It can be hard to break the sweet drink habit, but I'm glad I did.

The real question is whether Splenda induces an insulin response similar to sugar which then leads to insulin resistance and weight gain.

The jury is out on that.

I used artificial sweeteners for a few years in an attempt to keep weight off. Then I read about the side effects of some of them and they're no longer allowed in my house. Now I just use the water dispenser in the refrigerator door when I'm thirsty.

Splenda as its soul sweetener. Am I really better off drinking that as opposed to high fructose corn syrup or sugar?
High fructose corn sweetener is terrible for your body and unfortunately it's in a high percentage of the food at the store. Avoid it like you want to be healthy and read, "Why We Get Sick" by Dr. Ben Bikman. It will scare you into eating better.

Selling the word "fructose" as healthy..................WOW.

Then somehow HIGH FRUCTOSE, is going to be a GOOD thing?

How stupid are us unwashed masses?

Fructose is liver death.

No I'm not saying FRUIT is bad, no I am not saying natural occurring fructose is bad in limited quantity. Fruit has all sorts of sugars and roughage and tons of other good stuff. But additional fructose and even too much honey is not good.

Back