Is my oil pressure somewhat okay?

But still getting pressure you think I’d be okay to use for a couple of days until I get around to it? I would think yes as it went down 3psi only. 16 at warm idle, 44 cruising under 2k rpm 48-50 cold idle
Sounds like you still have decent oil pressure, just not as high as it could be. As long as it doesn't drop to much lower I'd say it's OK ... just watch it closely. 44 PSI at 2000 RPM with hot oil is decent oil pressure.

Holy smokes, mountains out of mole hills. 10 psi at idle is absolutely fine, especially if it builds quickly once back on the gas. Worry about it when (if) it goes below 5 or 6.
Yeah man sorry I bet I sound like a broken record dragging the thread on lol just concerned because not too long ago it was always a dead 20psi. I have never seen it go under 20. So 14-16 when at red lights off the freeway looks concerning when I’m hearing words like aeration getting thrown around. I am going to replace everything next week. And it’ll be the end of it.

Sounds like you still have decent oil pressure, just not as high as it could be. As long as it doesn't drop to much lower I'd say it's OK ... just watch it closely. 44 PSI at 2000 RPM with hot oil is decent oil pressure.
Just going to end up replacing everything. I have come to love my little engine and just going to replace everything since I wanted to replace the oil pan gasket anyways. Thank you for the reply’s.

But still getting pressure you think I’d be okay to use for a couple of days until I get around to it? I would think yes as it went down 3psi only. 16 at warm idle, 44 cruising under 2k rpm 48-50 cold idle

Yes, as we've determined it isn't the o-ring issue, if it's something like a partially stuck relief, it should be safe to drive it.

Holy smokes, mountains out of mole hills. 10 psi at idle is absolutely fine, especially if it builds quickly once back on the gas. Worry about it when (if) it goes below 5 or 6.

It's the dramatic drop in oil pressure that's the issue, not the reading itself. Yes, on a well-worn SBC with a few hundred thousand, getting 10-15psi at idle might be just fine. But when you have an engine that had 40psi one day and 15psi the next, that signals that something significant has happened to cause that, that's the concern here.

Yeah man sorry I bet I sound like a broken record dragging the thread on lol just concerned because not too long ago it was always a dead 20psi. I have never seen it go under 20. So 14-16 when at red lights off the freeway looks concerning when I’m hearing words like aeration getting thrown around. I am going to replace everything next week. And it’ll be the end of it.
Again it would be helpful if you would post a video of the behavior.

Back