Is Michelin Defender T+H a good tire?

I have about 1500 miles on my Yokohama Advan Touring S tires, and already they’ve developed a harmonic “roaring” around 75+ mph. It almost sounds like a wheel bearing going bad but for those of you that have seen my previous posts since last November, I’ve just about restored my 2000 Camry with OEM Toyota parts (including wheel bearings) so I know it is indeed the tires that are causing that sound.

My tire size is 205/65r15 and the pickens aren’t slim, but not vast either.. Can I get your feedback/experience with the Michelins as well as other good tire brands that don’t produce the issue that I currently have with my tires?

I know that noises are subjective per individual, so let me state that I’m looking for a quiet ride from the tires at 80+ mph.

Thanks all.

Yes, if you value and prioritize tire wear characteristics and perhaps MPGs over all-weather general traction.

If you want optimized all-weather traction, other tires are better choices, but may not last quite as long.

I have a set of the Defender 2 on my VW Atlas. Very happy with the tires.

I am in hot central California and the tires perform excellent and appear to have great tread wear (basically 0/32 over 5k thus far).

Last edited:
Back