Is Kendall oil a good oil

Titanium is not an “additive”, it’s a metallic element. What’s the compound that is used? I have a minor in chemistry and I’m interested in specifics.

If you want to argue with Gokhan. :D

If you want to argue with Gokhan. :D
Thanks, I was kinda wanting to hear why “The_Captain” liked it.

No, I am not. I was simply pointing out that titanium oxide (TiO2) is an additive used in motor oil. I do not know what "titanium" Kendall used. I know it was in there because of my UOA from Blackstone.

No, I am not. I was simply pointing out that titanium oxide (TiO2) is an additive used in motor oil. I do not know what "titanium" Kendall used. I know it was in there because of my UOA from Blackstone.
All right well I just thought that maybe since you said you liked the formulation with titanium in it that meant you knew what it did for the oil’s properties. Perhaps you just liked it because it used the word titanium.

All right well I just thought that maybe since you said you liked the formulation with titanium in it that meant you knew what it did for the oil’s properties. Perhaps you just liked it because it used the word titanium.
I liked it because my old Jeep Wrangler JK had less cold start "clatter" at start up when I used it. It's as simple as that. I tried one oil change with the non-Ti formula and the "clatter" was more pronounced.

The PSC website incorrectly identifies GT Euro as a low SAPS oil; it is in fact a full SAPS; Euro+ is a low SAPS oil

I submitted the correction on the "Contact Us" webpage; This has been wrong for years as i submitted this correction 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I have always known Kendall oil as being high quality. The question is: does the oil meet or exceed the specification required for your engine? I suspect there are many, many oils that meet the requirement, oils that are far less expensive than Kendall. But if Kendall is what your shop uses, I'm sure it is fine.

Kendall GT-1 Max synthetic is available at 99cents only stores for $3.49/qt everyday. The store near me only caries 5W-30 and I think 5W-20, but either way that’s a good price for a GF-6 D1G2 oil.

I’ve been using Kendall oil since I was a kid…my dad alwayshad a big stash in the garage so it was “free” to me.
So, I’ve probably put a million miles on vehicles always using Kendall products. Never an issue, always smooth running and clean internals. I. Buy the cases from PSC.
My son works for Phillips petroleum in Illinois and said that most of his co-workers use either Kendall or Motorcraft…both made by Phillips. That includes the guys that drive Silverado’s. Haha

Sounds like OP goes to Oil Changers. They started featuring Kendall at the beginning of 2021. Packages of 3 oil changes can be purchased at once.

In a 2010 Taco 4.0L ?
Solid.

According to Kendall's website, the only nearby places you can get it from are auto repair facilities. I do realize that local / independent auto parts stores can buy from distributors that Kendall may not keep track of but I've never seen it....
Firestone used to pour Kendall. Now it’s Goodyear-affiliated stores, and a local quick lube here(Oil Changers) switched over from North American Lubricants to Kendall.

P66 tends to neglect the DIY market - DIFM distribution through a jobber seems to be their thing.

Back