Is Kendall oil a good oil

For that price you may as well buy Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL for only a bit more at $24.04/5 quarts if you want a "good" oil. It has VW 504 00 approval.
Aye. At $48 shipped for 12qt/case, it was an excellent deal for Kendall. For $55 shipped/12 qt case, ehhh. Especially since they removed Ti from their GF6/SP formulas.

OMG !! But that requires setting foot inside of a Walmart store and I just can't handle that.... :ROFLMAO: :D

(Sarcasm for those that need it stated)
They don’t sell at Walmart here I searched the locations of there oil here and it’s all at oil shops.

Lots of oils seem to be regional or just more popular in certain areas. I'm in Ohio as well and can't say I've seen Kendall oil in any stores.

According to Kendall's website, the only nearby places you can get it from are auto repair facilities. I do realize that local / independent auto parts stores can buy from distributors that Kendall may not keep track of but I've never seen it....

The last time that I saw it retail was in a local Flying J. Price obviously was on the high side.
Back in the day when there were some locally owned Auto Part chains, such as Nationwide or Auto Works, I would pick it up on occasion on sale with a rebate.
Last time that I saw it in a repair facility was when Firestone had an agreement to use Kendall.

That's where I get mine. I'm in no way, shape, or form affiliated with them either. They're part of PSC. They did go up in price in the last year though, from $48 shipped to $55 shipped for a 12qt case. So now it's roughly equivalent to $22-23/5 qt jug for oils such as Valvoline AFS, Pennz Plat, Castrol Edge maybe. After I use up the rest of my stock, I'm not sure if I'll buy more.

That's the problem. If you buy it from the company or a jobber, it really is not price competitive.
That "Free Shipping" really adds up.

Why? What does that do for the oil?
Titanium is an additive that strongly bonds to metal surfaces at the molecular level, adding an extra layer of protection to further reduce wear on critical parts and help extend engine life. It also increases the oxidation stability of the oil, helping to prolong oil life during service.

Titanium is an additive that strongly bonds to metal surfaces at the molecular level, adding an extra layer of protection to further reduce wear on critical parts and help extend engine life. It also increases the oxidation stability of the oil, helping to prolong oil life during service.
Titanium is not an “additive”, it’s a metallic element. What’s the compound that is used? I have a minor in chemistry and I’m interested in specifics.

Back