Is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the SR-71 blackbird. They're like the Chuck Norris of oil filters.

Seriously, though, they're purflux, not Fram. Why would any european company import US made oil filters?

LOL.gif
thats what I thought. It sounded shady to me so I thought I'd ask some people who know what there taking about not some guy at the parts counter.

Edmunds.com had an 80's ferarri that they dropped about 25 grand on. It was an interesting, but a little disappointing 1 year long term test. At one point they took it to the track with a new Kia minivan, and it was actually pretty close. But then, it had a certain presence that a minivan never will.

I have a feeling the type of people who buy an under-20-grand ferarri are all about the Fram filter. Heck, if I had one and probably put ~1000 miles a year on it, with a yearly OCI, I'd probably only spend about 3 bucks too.

Originally Posted By: J_Myler
LOL.gif
thats what I thought. It sounded shady to me so I thought I'd ask some people who know what there taking about not some guy at the parts counter.

That's alright. I had a counter guy at Autozone last week (when I was shopping Durablend), that I went back from a full synthetic to a blend that my car was going to blow up....
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: J_Myler
LOL.gif

That's alright. I had a counter guy at Autozone last week (when I was shopping Durablend), that I went back from a full synthetic to a blend that my car was going to blow up....
crackmeup2.gif

1. It is FIAMM, not Fram. An Italian filter maker.
2. Frams made for Ferraris are made like racing filters, are quite a bit more expensive ($15), and have little in common with the typical orange can of death. Still why bother with one, when a European filter or Purolator will do at least as good a job. It is a Ferrari, not a Kia.
3. I've driven a Ferrari, believe me, it does a LOT more than a Kia anything. Acceleration isn't the only thing. I'm pretty sure it can corner at speeds far beyond the Kia. that isn't even the point. the car is pure passion in handling, balance, and feel.

I don't want it to sound like I'm taking a dump on a Ferrari. The article is interesting in that it shows how far we have come in just twenty years. It's available here, to anyone with a few extra minutes, 2007 Sedona vs 1984 Ferrari:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=122612

"In reality, the Ferrari kicked the minivan's [censored] in every test. Twenty-three years is a long time and, yes, the van benefits supremely from modern advances, but it still ain't no Ferrari on the track. In 1984, this 308 really must have been something." -edmunds.com But, if you read it, it's closer than I ever would have thought.

I'd like to say given the choice I'd take the Ferrari every time, but I have two kids + a dog and I'm not sure how big the trunk is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back