Is it a good ACEA C3 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wrote it's the latest one
smile.gif
. Besides, C3-12 is still less strict than MB 229.51.

I see you're using MC3, which is also suitable for MultiAir. What is your experience? If I picked it, all my cars would use Total
wink.gif

I have used the SP-X motorex 5W-40 and i was absolutely satisfied with it. No oil consumption , good fuel economy and no oil drag.
I bought it last year for 10 euros/liter .

Originally Posted By: Cuore_Sportivo
I never wrote it's the latest one
smile.gif
. Besides, C3-12 is still less strict than MB 229.51.

I see you're using MC3, which is also suitable for MultiAir. What is your experience? If I picked it, all my cars would use Total
wink.gif

Better than the Castrol edge turbo diesel I had before. I think the engine is quieter when warm and I seem to have a lot less dpf regens... about 1 in 3 now. The castrol gave off a lot of vapours, I think that caused the early regens.

I would like an oil with a bit more tbn though, so will replace with total quartz energy 0w-30 when I have 15,000 km on it, or 1 year. that's a real full synth, PAO/ester blend which still meets Acea B4 for viscosity. If I still get the low regen rate, I'll stick with that and change when the TBN becomes low or TAN high, whatever the miles.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I would like an oil with a bit more tbn though, so will replace with total quartz energy 0w-30

I'm planning to put it in my Peugeot when I will change the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back