Is Honda OEM now Premium Guard?

I just saw that Advance Auto now lists the Honda A02 filter as Premium Guard. Does Fram no longer produce the Honda filters?
Screenshot_20221023-070927_Opera.jpg

Could well be the case... Contract changes made by Honda.

If anything it's quite possible this is a better filter because the PG premium oil filters are 99 percent at 20 microns with a silicone ADBV. And the comparable Federated Auto Parts XL filter, STP and O Reilly XL filters are all PG premium filters which have looked extremely good when cut open before and after use.

Advanced auto has premium guard listed for Nissan and Toyota OEM filters so unless they're OEM for those brands, it's most likely a mistake

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/brands/oez-by-premium-guard

True, a very real possiblity here... It's a mistake here.

Or... Is it possible that Nissan and Toyota and Honda all got a contract with PG all near or about the same time?

I would tend to think that would be unlikely... But, hey it's hard to say at the moment.

I just saw that Advance Auto now lists the Honda A02 filter as Premium Guard. Does Fram no longer produce the Honda filters?
View attachment 122523
I ordered a 6 package of those a few months back from Amazon at 1/2 that price each.
I wonder if due to the high as sky inflation they all went up or some places just charge
what they want/can? Check around and you may find better prices. They are good filters
but I dont see paying that much when you can get many other good filters off the shelf
in Auto parts or Walmarts. Walmart always has a good selection to chose from. My #1
complaint with Walmart is they never have my air filters in stock.

Is it impossible there simply selling the Fram variant? Walmart sells Toyota branded along with a couple other brands of filters not made by fram.

Or... Is it possible that Nissan and Toyota and Honda all got a contract with PG all near or about the same time?
Toyota owns 49% OF Denso, so I seriously doubt you will ever see a Toyota filter that is not made by Denso is my guess - but stranger things have happened.

I know about Toyota and Denso. Yeah I agree... I don't think this would happen in all likelihood.

You left out the following sentence...

" I tend to think that would be unlikely"...

Looks like an AAP description listing error to me. 99% sure A02 still made by Fram. That's what the pic shows.

So it's either the A02 made by Fram that's being advertised.

Or, it's some OEZ(?) equivalent filter made by Premium Guard being sold by AAP. I guess a visit to a b&m store might confirm which.

....Toyota owns 49% OF Denso, so I seriously doubt you will ever see a Toyota filter that is not made by Denso is my guess - but stranger things have happened.

In fact, several confirmed Toyota OEM OFs made by Purolator have been posted on this subforum in the past.

More likely that Premium Guard sources the OEM filters from each manufacturer and resells to vendors like AAP and installation shops.

Looks like an AAP description listing error to me. 99% sure A02 still made by Fram. That's what the pic shows.

So it's either the A02 made by Fram that's being advertised.

Anyone want to buy one and do a cut and post or….🤔🤔
Or, it's some OEZ(?) equivalent filter made by Premium Guard being sold by AAP. I guess a visit to a b&m store might confirm which.

In fact, several confirmed Toyota OEM OFs made by Purolator have been posted on this subforum in the past.

Just to clarify for information purposes, though part my initial post is quoted above, there's a line in the quote that is not part of my post, not my words. It's the line with a query and emojis.

Last edited:
Are the Fram made Honda filters just a blue painted can over an existing Fram product (EG/TG/Ultra) or is it a totally separate thing?

Back