Is An Engine Cover (VW Tsi) Beneficial?

That's the engine cover retrofitted to a Mk7 Golf 1.4 TSI:

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

part numbers:

04E 103 925 F cover

04E 103 932 (C?) bracket

There's another cover/extension (PN 04E 103 927 A, item no 7) available.

Feel free using the corresponding Audi cover instead:

DSC-0143.jpg

bracket:

$_59.JPG

the other two mounting points obviously already exist:

$_59.JPG

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
What's all the comments about heat retention? Car makers test their vehicles in all environmental conditions including Death Valley at over 120F. If your car is running too hot, it's not because of the engine cover.
Manufacturers barely have a handle on reliability with the quick turn arounds and constantly pushing new technology.
No reason to heat soak all these polymers and underhood electronics to an early demise if you don't need to.
Extreme Heat cycling kills components.

I would get to work and pop my hood open. The people in the office would say the same thing " these were designed and tested to take the heat". Well, I just got off the highway running 85-115 mph WOT down two exits on the interstate. My Cat and headers were literally glowing red. So up goes the hood on the crammed engine bay. Then I get the comment that somebody is going to steal my battery with ,my hood open. Give it a rest geniuses!

The cover makes keeps the coil packs and plugs on my Honda Civic cleaner. It also keeps dirt out of a lot of the engine parts. I would never remove an engine cover and leave it off permanently. A shop left mine off a 2003 Toyota Corolla I had so I went back and picked it up and put it back on myself.

Well, there's yur problem.
Ricky Rudd commuter :)
I used to get frustrated with the 12 sets of lights in 15 miles on the state highway before I hopped on the Interstate.
That is just a situation that I addressed appropriately by opening my hood.
The problem is nosy, know-it-all office employees who really don't have a clue.
Why would they care if I have my hood open, unless they are offering to come to my aid.

They even complain when I used to check my oil once a week at the end of they day before I leave.
I get the "Why are you checking the oil, that's a new car!"
I assume they might think they are missing some thing THEY should be doing also, but being New Englander "bully types",
they come at you at an odd angle of approach.

Well I quite a few years ago, too much Department manager infighting and Saturday and Sunday work hours with no concern for
employee emotional well being.
My last jobs was just a 7 year bridge to my semi-early retirement, and I had had enough after 45 years of working.
- Ken

Last edited:
Not as beautiful as an old carbureted V8, but I always thought Honda did a nice job on this one. No cover needed, imo.

View attachment 75000
That coil in cap distributor was junk on my wife's '91 civic SOHC engine.
cross-fired more than a ford 390 in the rain. Car would not start many mornings.
Eventually Toasted the cat. Honda Dealer would acknowledge nothing.
I did like the Integra GS-R, great handling car for wrong wheel drive.

As has been mentioned the MKVII Jetta 1.4t does not come with an engine cover. It is not the same engine as prior 1.4t

People on the ‘Tex have tried retrofits but I’m not sure if they have been successful…

Manufacturers barely have a handle on reliability with the quick turn arounds and constantly pushing new technology.
No reason to heat soak all these polymers and underhood electronics to an early demise if you don't need to.
Extreme Heat cycling kills components.

I would get to work and pop my hood open. The people in the office would say the same thing " these were designed and tested to take the heat". Well, I just got off the highway running 85-115 mph WOT down two exits on the interstate. My Cat and headers were literally glowing red. So up goes the hood on the crammed engine bay. Then I get the comment that somebody is going to steal my battery with ,my hood open. Give it a rest geniuses!
85-115mph down two exits and that is a problem? If an engine components can’t deal with that, take 5gal if gasoline and burn it to the ground. That is how much it is worth it.

85-115mph down two exits and that is a problem? If an engine components can’t deal with that, take 5gal if gasoline and burn it to the ground. That is how much it is worth it.
Silly VW fanbois :)
But that was a Nissan Rogue Select,nice car for the money but it did have engine issues with that QR25DE.
And garbage brakes - but fantastic SACHS dampers. and superior seats. Quite a paradox.

Three of my current vehicles don't have an engine cover. The 2012 transit connect, the 2016 civic and yes the 2019 Jetta. I always thought it was to muffle noise. The only loud one is the 2.0 duratec in the Ford.

Silly VW fanbois :)
But that was a Nissan Rogue Select,nice car for the money but it did have engine issues with that QR25DE.
And garbage brakes - but fantastic SACHS dampers. and superior seats. Quite a paradox.
I mean not that I am familiar with that vehicle, but again, if any vehicle has an issue with that speed, it is absolute garbage. And I highly doubt that Nissan is going to melt bcs. 115mph.

I mean not that I am familiar with that vehicle, but again, if any vehicle has an issue with that speed, it is absolute garbage. And I highly doubt that Nissan is going to melt bcs. 115mph.
I am talking about running hard and immediately shutting it down.
It's like parking over a bar B que pit. So just forget about it bc the car makers supposedly take that in to account?
C'mon man! You have to do some thinking for yourself sometimes using your aggregate knowledge.
My work location was 1 mile off the Interstate. No cool down time.
So keep replacing those coilpacks and crank sensors and egr motors and stuff that expire early - just because ....

Back