IRS online form always says, Service is currently unavailable

I'm already registered at the IRS to process Clean Car tax credits when selling an EV. Now I have been trying to fill out this online form,

banking info.jpg

numerous times a day all this week to register at the IRS site to be able to receive advanced tax credit payments. This allows buyers to transfer their clean vehicle tax credit of 30% of the sale price to the selling dealer at time of purchase so they don't pay the full price. Every time I hit register, I get,

service.jpg

Reading the instruction manual form says,

error message.jpg

Can it really be down all the time? And for a whole week?

I am in Canada and cannot really register or view any of this stuff very well but I Googled it and found a thread on Reddit. Is this along the same lines as your trouble? If so, you're far from alone and all of this might be chalked up to "bureaucratic ineptitude", which has no limits.

Yes that's the same problem I'm having. What's worse is there is no human to call at the IRS and emails sent to the address they show, aren't answered even 2 weeks later.

Don't feel too bad-I've been submitting my deceased Mom's income tax returns as executor for her estate (due refunds). One came through, one did not (submitted at the same time). I've been fighting with them since she died, OVER TWO YEARS AGO!

Back