Ironman tires

So next to Douglas tires The cheapest tire that the regular tire shops around here sell is the Ironman tire. So my question is, are they better than the Douglas tires, or about the same quality but slightly more expensive???

Hercules tires, owned by Coopers Tire and Rubbers, are the parent brand of these affordable tires.

Hercules is solely at the helm of these tires and takes the credit for manufacturing and distributing the tires.

Having manufacturing units in China directly supplies its products to the independent tire dealers in the American subcontinent from where it originated.

To keep costs down, it often sells its tires now to online retailers. Being associated with a premium brand like Cooper enhances the buyers’ impression of these budget-friendly tires.

So next to Douglas tires The cheapest tire that the regular tire shops around here sell is the Ironman tire. So my question is, are they better than the Douglas tires, or about the same quality but slightly more expensive???
Not sure how they compare in quality to Douglas tires , but you sure see lots of Ironman tires on vehicles in this area.

Ironman tires are garbage. It’s not unusual to have them out of round when new, have belts break in them or to see them wore out at 15k miles. They are the go to for “I’m gonna sell this car and advertise it as I just installed new tires”.

My Prius had a set that was put on at the used car lot. I plan on getting 15k miles out of them. Judging by current wear rate that should be about right.

Hercules tires, owned by Coopers Tire and Rubbers, are the parent brand of these affordable tires.

Hercules is solely at the helm of these tires and takes the credit for manufacturing and distributing the tires.

Having manufacturing units in China directly supplies its products to the independent tire dealers in the American subcontinent from where it originated.

To keep costs down, it often sells its tires now to online retailers. Being associated with a premium brand like Cooper enhances the buyers’ impression of these budget-friendly tires.

Cooper is a premium brand? 🤣

I think their Discoverer HT3 are quite good as is the CS5. Other than that I’d consider their offerings as middle of the pack at best.

We have some Iron mans on vehicles at work, purchased mostly due to convenience as they are sold by our repair shop and we can kill multiple birds with one stone. They don't wear particularly well and are very poor in the rain.

I'd also buy Douglas in a heartbeat over those.

Douglas would be a better choice. Mastercraft is usually my go to tire if I want a good deal on a good tire.

When we bought our MDX from used car lot a couple of years ago, they slapped Ironman to replace OEM Continentals before we took possession. So far they held up well to my surprise. They are made in Vietnam, no issue in heavy rain, tracks well, no issue with ride or handling. About 30% worn from what I can so far (I use all weather tires for winter season; put 30 000km in 2 years). It would not be my first choice, but I don't dislike it.
1657776762286.png

Hercules tires aren’t all Cooper. I’ve seen Thai-made ones. Ironman is the cheaper line of Hercules and made in China/Thailand/Vietnam/Indonesia. The DOT code will glean the manufacturer.

I have an 'off road' Ironman tire on my Jeep JK as a spare to keep my tire cover inflated. This particular specimen was made in Thailand.

Back