iPhone NERDS HELP! Stuck In Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you delete the 9.3 update file before trying it again? It will not revert if the 9.3 file is in there.
Put the iphone in airplane mode when connected to the cable so it wont download the updates. It will still give you indicator one is available but wait a few days and make sure people are not having problems with it.
I don't use windows or itunes if possible, I was able to access all my pictures and files in Linux after a lot of fiddling.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Boy I sure hope Apple doesn't get involved with any touch screen iFlight controls on aircraft!
My wife might not be impressed with the reason she is a widow being that the last pilot checked his email thus leaving a bad sector on the rudder controls on next boot up.

I do stand corrected that they don't put out actual bad-ware, they put out half-baked ware. I thought all those nap pods and ice cream machines for the twenty somethings would lead to somebody plugging in ten twenty maybe one hundred devices and testing the iOS.

Actually, everyone in the industry can only test up to a certain extend. Most of the industrial practices everywhere I've seen, have a team of QA setup 20 or 30 machines running a whole suite of test for everything the assembly line will go through, for each revision of software the software team will release. The released software will have to go through all the test and pass reasonably well (may be a couple problem that can be fixed with a reboot or a character displayed misaligned) before it is certified to release to the public.

Now bear in mind, everyone has a different machine with different history, as I've said earlier, and therefore you will always find a few people that have problems you haven't seen before and cannot be reproduced in the lab by QA. I've worked in at least 3 Fortune 500 companies and they all have these problems, just a matter of visibility and sample sizes.

If you look at any products that let you update firmware, you will see a lot of risk involving "corruption" if something happens in the middle.

The only sure fire way of not getting any of these problems is to not update the firmware / os, which is why industrial machines do not let Microsoft update its windows running machine (that includes a lot of ATM and robotics machinery on an assembly line) unless it is to address a known serious problem.

Airplanes have triple redundancy, if you want a phone to have 3x redundancy you will be crying for 3x the cost and 1/3 the battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back