iphone 6 and 6 plus announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... Pretty much what it was rumored to be, as far as design / specs go. \
I am mildly interested in the 4.7" version...
(no interest in 5.5" gigantic one, WAY too big for my tastes/needs)

We currently have 4s, works well, but starting to show some signs of age.

We have been pretty happy with the 4s/5s form factor and the general design, and they stayed pretty much the same for the 6, just thinner/sleeker, and glad they didn't go too crazy with the refresh.

We have 4s, so two generations behind at this point, and are long due for upgrades...

Now, for it to be officially out (9/19), and to wait for the guinea pigs to test it for a few days to see if there are any kinks...

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/?cid=wwa-us-kwg-iphone-com

TECH SPECS:
http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/specs/

I've got a 4s. I've been waiting for the 6s because I refuse to pay the apple premium for only a 1 year newer phone,not when this one is still fine.
Heck I might wait for the 7s since I'm not having any problems with this one.

It's just 6. (not 6s).

Your specific 4s phone might be 1 yr old if you got it recently, but the 4s came out in October 2011. (so about 3 yrs old, and we got ours at the end of 2011, and one had to be replaced due to a [censored] out on/off switch, free of charge)

Yeah I am 100% sure either, but I our 4s have had some random crashes, restarts, unresponsive phases and stuff like that in the last 6 months or so. (not nearly as often the Samasung Galaxies that our friends own, though
wink.gif
)

If it weren't for that and sometimes very slow 3G speeds, I wouldn't have thought of upgrading ...

I am totally OK with the size of 4s. Size is NOT going to be a primary reason for us, IF we do end up upgrading to the 6.

I'll be one of the guinea pigs as I got my 4s back in January 2011 and I dropped it one too many times. Still works fine but the crack on the screen bugs me. Plus, I have an unlimited data plan and would like to take advantage of the LTE speeds that my 5 and 5s friends get in my area. I also like the 6 as the 6 Plus is too big for my taste.

Meh. Get it if you want to be limited and trapped by the Apple iOS.
I cannot stand the wife's iPhone 5s.

Android works and acts like an actual computer. You can do literally anything on it that you could do on a desktop computer.

iOS is like a phone for 5yr olds...

IMHO

I might trade my 5s in if Verizon offers a good buy back like they did with the 4s. Between that and the upgrade I had on my account my 64G 5s cost me about $100 out of pocket.

If they do that with the 6 I'll trade up.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Android works and acts like an actual computer. You can do literally anything on it that you could do on a desktop computer.

iOS is like a phone for 5yr olds...

IMHO

The vast majority of people on here don't use their phone as a computer, although some do -- myself included to an extent.

Currently having both the Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5, I would NEVER pay out of my personal funds for an android. It's a great phone paid for by my company, but the iPhone is better in enough ways to keep me buying them for personal use.

I will wait for the people who wait 2 or 3 days outside of a store to find out what is wrong with the 6, like most others, then I will get mine. If anyone remembers the launch of the 5 and the bumper issue, it's better to let the teenyboppers be the guinea pigs.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
I've got a 4s. I've been waiting for the 6s because I refuse to pay the apple premium for only a 1 year newer phone,not when this one is still fine.
Heck I might wait for the 7s since I'm not having any problems with this one.

+1 I always get one level back when they give them to me for almost nothing.

I think the Samsung galaxy XX phones feel like flimsy toys compared to an... HTC One for example.

Get a Galaxy and then add the Otterbox commuter case and you'll like the feel.

Would love the 6, am not interested in the huge 6+ either. But I've got a 5s that I got in January so I'm a little stuck. Oh well

Originally Posted By: Doog
I think the Samsung galaxy XX phones feel like flimsy toys compared to an... HTC One for example.

Get a Galaxy and then add the Otterbox commuter case and you'll like the feel.

that's what I got. Had a lifeproof case. It was cool cause of being waterproof but it broke so I got the otterbox. love Android. Would love to get an s5 but my s4 is still a nice phone so I'll wait for the next galaxy after the s5. I guess or hope s6.

Cool the phone is bigger. Could never see what was on the little Apple screens.
They made a great move by making a bigger size phone. And giving two options is cool.

Last edited:
The galaxy phones have done well! Despite all else Im running an ancient galaxy S2..besides the battery life being terrible (terrible to me is daily charging with light use) I think android is far superior. Comes down to personal opinion..my next one will be a galaxy Note.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Till apple figures out how to shed weight on their I phones I'll pass. Makes a good paper though.

They build them out of metal...metal will nearly always be heavier than plastic, unless you use some more exotic alloys.

We have two iPhones in our house now. I have my wife's old 4s and she has a newer 5s. The 5s is very fast; I'm pretty impressed with it. I don't care for the "odd" screen shape though (long and tall), even though it's a true 16:9 resolution. I've had a 4s for years now...I sold mine when my wife upgraded hers to a 5s and I'm using hers now. I'll continue to use it for a while I think. I don't do a lot of "surfing" on the internet, so 3G connectivity is fine for me. Most of the "internet" stuff I do with it is streaming videos and/or Google Maps, and 3G works fine for that (when I'm not on Wi-Fi). I've dropped it once and shattered the screen, and installed a new screen myself about 6 months ago. So it's a trooper and continues to work as it should.

If I'm honest with myself, I'll probably upgrade to a 5s at Christmas time if I can find a deal on one (like $49 with contract, or free with contract). The 6 appeals to me due to the HD 1920x1080 display, but I just don't care to have a 4.7" phone in my pocket. I like the smaller footprint of the 4 and even the 5. Put that display into a 5-sized phone and I'm a customer. (The 5/5s' display, though 16:9, is only 1,136x640.)

We've owned a number of Androids and they simply aren't for us. Too much downtime/restarting/crashes for our taste. I know people have good experiences with them; we simply can't count ourselves as part of that camp. I also don't care for the "bloatware" that comes on Android phones, installed by either the manufacturer as part of the "skin" or by the cell service provider. iPhones don't come with any of that garbage. If I did have to go back to an Android, I like the Motorola Droid Mini. We've had terrible luck with Motorola phones, but the Droid Mini is the only Android phone that appeals to me from a "footprint" perspective. And honestly, it has a darn nice display and it's nearly edge-to-edge, making it appear even larger than it is.

I've got a 5 for work. It's actually my first smart phone, and it seems fine. A slightly bigger screen would be nice for browsing, but I also like to carry it in my shirt pocket and I need an otter box, so maybe the slightly larger 6 would still be OK. We won't get 6's at work though anytime soon, there's no significant benefits for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back