iPhone 13 or Samsung S22

Time for a new company phone. Options are a 128gb iPhone 13 or 256gb Samsung S22

Currently on an iPhone XR. My personal tablet is a Samsung S5e

In 100 words or less, which would you pick and why? Short attention span answers please. I have a lot going on in my life right now and don't want a book, just the Cliff's Notes version of an answer.

TIA

Do you want more features or more reliability? Honestly, if I didn't use iMessage: I would go S22

I'll just put in a good word for the 2nd edition iPhone SE. It's a lot cheaper and has a fingerprint sensor. If it's damaged it's a lot cheaper to replace and doesn't everything well.

But otherwise the iPhone 13.

I wish I had a Samsung as an option at work, iOS notifications are horrible. My company only offers iPhone, I just went from an XR to a 12 and it sucks just as bad. Not as heavy and bulky as the XR, but battery life isn't good. Piece of crap loses 10% overnight sitting on my desk! I also now have 8 entries of everyone in my address book, but at least my voicemails come through now.

Thanks everyone.

I do recognize the ease of moving from one iPhone to another as I've done it going from my previously provided iPhone 7 and a number of times for oilBabe and her mother.

I'm also just as comfortable in the Android space as I had 3 Galaxy phones prior to the iPhone as well as when it's my money, I get Samsung Android tablets.

I think the Apple will actually have better battery life as the S22 battery is 3700 mAH IIRC and the processor is not as fast.

The iMessage aspect is a good point, I hadn't considered that angle on things.

Thanks for the input, seems there are no real red-flags, just preferences.

I’d go Apple as well. Like everyone mentioned you already have it so it will be easier to transfer everything too. For me it’s also an easier phone to use and looks better than most too. I’ve used both platforms and won’t ever return to Android I’m Apple only. And iMessage can’t be beat either.

I'm still Android for what I personally buy. But at this point, the S22 is too new for my level of comfort. The iPhone 13 has been out for a while and most of the early adopter issues have been addressed by updates.

I just placed my order for it.

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it.

I'll just put in a good word for the 2nd edition iPhone SE. It's a lot cheaper and has a fingerprint sensor. If it's damaged it's a lot cheaper to replace and doesn't everything well.

But otherwise the iPhone 13.
I have the SE 2020 its OK but small the benefit of Samsung is everything Apple charges for, free from Samsung, I use both and find it relatively simple to switch, Samsung better value for your $

I have the SE 2020 its OK but small the benefit of Samsung is everything Apple charges for, free from Samsung, I use both and find it relatively simple to switch, Samsung better value for your $

The 2022 SE is a killer value though.

My issue with Samsung is that their service infrastructure isn't anywhere near that of Apple. I can go to an Apple Store and they'll debug my iPhone issues for free. Repairs are easier. My wife had a Samsung Note 2 (it still had a user-serviceable battery) and she gave up after they stopped supporting it and the performance turned to mush.

But something like the iPhone 6s/6s Plus was released over 6 years ago and is still being supported with the latest version of iOS. Not sure when it's going to end, but Apple has been pretty good about it. And with the new SE I would think it will still be supported in 5-6 years with operating system updates.

Im curious, just trying to understand your statement "everything Apple charges for, free from Samsung" They are both phones, what else is there to charge for?
Im sure you know the Samsung is double the cost of your iPhone but still dont understand what is free from Samsung except loss of privacy and tons of Samsung bloatware (compared to Apple)

Not disparaging Samsung, my daughter in law loves her Samsung phones but her latest one is $1300.
I just dont know what is free form Samsung and not Apple.

I have an Android and just got an iPhone for a work phone a month ago and would prefer to use an Android product, in fact I am using my personal phone from any work functions and all I really use the Apple phone for our calls and text messaging. S21 will be my next personal phone.

The answer is simple: Use Apple, be Apple. Use Android, be Android. Personally, I prefer Android.

My smartphone journey started WAY back with the original iPhone. I remember it fondly. I've also owned Windows Mobile phones as well as (for the better part of a decade) Android phones.

For the record, I just recently upgraded from an S20 to an S22U and I LOVE it. I'm far from a Samsung fan, I actually avoided the brand entirely for years after owning (and loving) my Samsung Epic 4g I purchased way back when Sprint rolled out their first 4g network. It was one of the first smartphones with an OLED screen, and one of the first 4g phones ever. After that, I was an LG fan. I had the G2, the G4, and G5 before I switched to the Essential PH-1 which I loved.

Back