iOS Password Problem

I have added 2 new emails to my iMac. No problem. I then added one of them to my iPhone. No problem. But for the life on me,
I can't add the second one on my iPhone. Error message says:

No password provided for "......."

Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

First of all, I have entered the PW every time I have tried to set up the account. Secondly, I don't know where "Mail Account Settings"
are on my iPhone. I know all about them on my iMac. I hard reset my iPhone as well.

Any suggestions?

I have added 2 new emails to my iMac. No problem. I then added one of them to my iPhone. No problem. But for the life on me,
I can't add the second one on my iPhone. Error message says:

No password provided for "......."

Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

First of all, I have entered the PW every time I have tried to set up the account. Secondly, I don't know where "Mail Account Settings"
are on my iPhone. I know all about them on my iMac. I hard reset my iPhone as well.

Any suggestions?

It can be confusing because there are options to set it up for the first time by just tapping on the Mail icon. But any further modifications have to be through Settings.

Settings > Mail > Accounts

Select the account and there should be some option to enter the password. I don't use it myself (I prefer an email app from the email provider) but my parents prefer using the iOS email tool, so I've helped them set it up. They use AT&T, and when it needs a password update (especially since I have to help them reset it when they don't remember) the AT&T login page comes up directly.

I’m on my iPhone. When I go to accounts, that account isn’t there.

If the account isn't there are not not able to use the Add Account to add the account?

Nope. I’m gonna try again. Must be a glitch. Probably me.

I go through the add account on my iPhone, Password and every thing but then I get this :

And I have saved the PW on that screen. It's weird to me that it tells me to go to "Mail Account
Settings" on my iPhone. I don't know where that is on an iPhone.

Attachments

• BD2BF749-ED6C-418E-BEB3-21BFAF50EEDB.jpg
    BD2BF749-ED6C-418E-BEB3-21BFAF50EEDB.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It looks like a custom email service so i'm not going to be much help, if there's info available from the website or email service for setting up the incoming and outgoing email server to fill in those fields, it might look like smtp pop or imap...

Mail Account Settings should be in Settings>Mail>Accounts

Yep, I followed the same instructions on my iPhone for the other email and it worked flawlessly. Worked setting them both
up on my iMac. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong????

I have successfully installed the email on my wife's iPhone following the instructions so I know I am following the instructions properly. Somewhere there is a hangup on my iPhone with this particular email. Just can't figure it out.

Perhaps try a different email app like microsoft's outlook and see if this email works on a different app or maybe delete the other email account and see if it let's you add this one first

Back