IONIQ, got an offer i couldn't refuse.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Visited a local Hyundai dealership today to get a cabin air filter for the Palisade. After our road trip it was filled with bugs. This vehicle has been out since 2020 and still no autoparts store nearby carriers it. While there, a dealer rep came by and made me an offer over what I owed on the IONIQ, so I made the deal.

I decided to step down and just get an 2022 Accent SEL 1.6 DPI (dual injection). I didn't want any driving nannies on this one. I got lucky, they had this one SEL that had no modern safety tech (stay in lane assist, auto start stop, auto brake hold, proximity beep, emergency brake assist) which I got for $1k over MSRP. Once I saw an old fashioned pull up parking brake....I was sold. Lol

The only possible future concern for me is the IVT (CVT).

I won't get into the figures. That became the focus of many last time...

I've always liked this generation Accent.

20220713_175118.jpg
20220713_175104.jpg
20220713_181359.jpg
20220713_181404.jpg

Last edited:
Visited a local Hyundai dealership today to get a cabin air filter for the Palisade. After our road trip it was filled with bugs. This vehicle has been out since 2020 and still no autoparts store nearby carriers it. While there, a dealer rep came by and made me an offer over what I owe on it, so I made the deal.

I decided to step down and just get an 2022 Accent SEL 1.6 DPI (dual injection). I didn't want any driving nannies on this one. I got lucky, they had this vehicle which I got for $1k over MSRP.

I won't get into the figures. That became the focus of many last time...

I've always liked this generation Accent.

View attachment 107944View attachment 107945
I always liked this generation Accent and would have bought one if I didn’t buy the Kia Soul. It’s a shame they discontinued the Accent. You traded the Palisade or the Ioniq? I like the color too. Congrats. 🎉

I always liked this generation Accent and would have bought one if I didn’t buy the Kia Soul. It’s a shame they discontinued the Accent. You traded the Palisade or the Ioniq? I like the color too. Congrats. 🎉
Sorry, edited after you posted. I traded the Ioniq. The color is (they call it) pomegranate red. Thanks!

It seems like you are not sacrificing much on MPGs either and its a much simpler engine. How are they still charging over MSRP? It sounds like you came out ahead but I would not pay a penny over sticker. I bet they were dying for hybrid stock. Enjoy the whip.

Aside from the safety nannies, what were some other reasons for trading out of the IONIQ?

It seems like you are not sacrificing much on MPGs either and its a much simpler engine. How are they still charging over MSRP? It sounds like you came out ahead but I would not pay a penny over sticker. I bet they were dying for hybrid stock. Enjoy the whip.
They are, especially since the Ioniq is now discontinued. But these cars are trickling in and they actually have people with deposits on these lower tier vehicles.

Aside from the safety nannies, what were some other reasons for trading out of the IONIQ?
Cost, Ioniq's Dual Clutch Transmission, new recall over rear seat fires. But mostly the savings. The Ioniq is a great car but I mostly work from home now, so the fuel savings were very little. I mentioned it before, since the commencement of the dog days of summer, mpg had taken a significant hit. From 52mpg in January February to 42 now.

Last edited:
I bought the same car in white 2 weeks ago. Loving it so far. 45mpg my second tank and that's with plenty of in town stoplight driving.

Oil change is a piece of cake. I've done 1 on my wife's car. Filter is about the strangest I've ever seen and is only available at the dealer for now. Maybe forever with how they designed it. I think it cost me $11 at our local dealer. Didn't jack up the car to do the oil change even.

I bought the same car in white 2 weeks ago. Loving it so far. 45mpg my second tank and that's with plenty of in town stoplight driving.

Oil change is a piece of cake. I've done 1 on my wife's car. Filter is about the strangest I've ever seen and is only available at the dealer for now. Maybe forever with how they designed it. I think it cost me $11 at our local dealer. Didn't jack up the car to do the oil change even.
I drove it 60 miles or so yesterday and you are absolutely correct about the MPG. I averaged 41!

Check Auto Zone for the oil filter, the one near me has them...

I drove it 60 miles or so yesterday and you are absolutely correct about the MPG. I averaged 41!

Check Auto Zone for the oil filter, the one near me has them...

Would you look at that, aftermarket solutions have arisen. More expensive than the OE option so I'll probably just stick OE for now.

These cars are really impressive in my opinion. The brake feel is great with the 4 wheels discs. Quiet on the highway, smooth acceleration. And the fuel economy is honestly incredible for a non-DI, naturally aspirated 1.6.

Factory rust proofing is also impressive. I've had mine up on my quickjacks and crawled all under it. They even shot material into the sub frame and some other crevices. I have never seen that on any smaller car I've ever bought.

Back