Ionic Air Purification Work or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the State Fair and ran into this guy selling Ecoquest Ionic Air Filters.

Does this technology really work?

Internet research seems to indicate negative ions might be beneficial but I could not find any non-manufacture research related to the negative ions ability to clean the air.

Make sure you're not buying an Ozone generator.

The EPA sets limits on ozone exposure (50ppb/8hr period) for a good reason.

mormit

neil,
if they function along the lines of "electrostatic precipitators", then they can remove a lot of dust and junk.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
neil,
if they function along the lines of "electrostatic precipitators", then they can remove a lot of dust and junk.

Exactly..otherwise its probably a rip-off.

Ionic air purifiers just don't work. They can't remove all the different sizes of dusts, mist and/or vapors. Not all molecules are charged. If you want true air purification, your looking at NEPA filters. I mean, I'm talking filters that remove cig. smoke and other fine molecular sizes.

That is like asking if synthetic oil works. Yes, the Ecoquest air purification units work. Didn't you see that for yourself at the show? Didn't the guy offer you a three-day in home trial?

Try it yourself and see. Don't rely on the internet.

Isn't that is why we do oil analysis, to see for ourselves? Some folks like it, others don't. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's really pretty simple.

Cheers, Doug

I own a Sunbeam HEPA style air filter with ioniser. It's on permanewntly in our living room. Visitors always comment on how fresh and clean the air seems in our place. We have two Maltese Terriers which basically live indoors so even more amazing. Impossible to tell what the ioniser is doing if anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back