Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Greenspan today warned of bubbles both in stocks and bonds, and predicted a stagflation.

Greenspan is the FATHER of equity bubbles. That guy was so narcissistic he LOVED to roil markets when he realized that is words as Fed Chairman had such influence on investors. He purposely spoke in the most obfuscated manner to force intense parsing of his words. I wish that old so-and-so would go away once and for all. He should permanently hide in shame. It would be good riddance.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Anybody buying? If not, when??

I ran out of cash yesterday. Have just $195 left in my account.
smile.gif

Had some loses last year. This should help heal the sore spot.
grin2.gif

coffee2.gif

Thoughts on GE? I know it is in the toilet now but I'm planning on holding it for a long-term.

Bought some today and plan on buying more when I can.

FYI: this is my "play" money that I keep in a Roth.

GE needs to drop below $10 to consider buying any shares.

New CEO has to fix the big mess the old CEO left behind....

GE is also in the process of selling different businesses (example: GE Transportation - locomotives. GE Energy - oil and gas) to focus on only 3 core businesses.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Thoughts on GE? I know it is in the toilet now but I'm planning on holding it for a long-term.

A trader on Varney yesterday, (forgot his name), said he is buying GE and it is a good long term hold.

I was seriously considering the same, but added to current holdings instead.

I went ahead and bought yesterday and I'll probably continue picking up shares here & there as long as it remains around its current price. I get what Mr Nice said, $10 would be much better but I'm worried about all the coverage GE stock is getting now. I saw numerous postings/articles labeling as a buy. Barron's had it as a buy and some big-shot German guy (can't remember his name) said he was buying. I decided to jump in too.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth

A trader on Varney yesterday, (forgot his name), said he is buying GE and it is a good long-term hold.

I was seriously considering the same, but added to current holdings instead.

Last edited:
Looking for something interesting to buy...I have settled into mining & mineral sector for my individual stocks that I have small positions in. EGO is down a smidge but NSU is been OK this week. Most of my "real money" is in mutual funds, I don't trust my ability enough to risk big money on my own stock picks.

Does anyone have any interest in ABWN?

Its almost doubled in a couple months. I'm not a buy high sell higher guy

I'll keep an eye on it for a dip.

I just got burned on a penny stock, after doubling money. A lot of these fall back after popping.

ABWN has a really cra**y balance sheet. I have also seen statements in Seeking Alpha that their patent expires this year. You will need to research that. I also see no proforma model of expectations if they perform a share dilution and rollout of their technology.

A bad risk IMO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Does anyone have any interest in ABWN?

An old MI guy would want LZB
cool.gif

Actually, LZB is a South Carolina company these days. My brother was a machinist in the model shop in Monroe. When they moved to SC they offered him M&L and head of the dept. He turned it down. Dummy!

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
I might dollar cost down near $13 GE, take a small position, then not again till $11.

Stay away from GE, company currently has tons of internal problems and in the process of selling off different businesses.

Toys R Us is closing doors very soon. More toys bought from places like Amazon which is very good.

Hopefully Amazon can break $2000 before the end of the year.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4156271...ing-opportunity

It seems that some institutional holders are abandoning the stock since the beginning of 2018 . In the last two days the selling has been intensified .
I own a few stocks which i have bought for the distribution and i am really puzzled .
Is there any future in it or should i sell it ? I don't mind keeping it for a long time even with a stagnated stock price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back