Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z, congrats on the passed progression test. You're not one of those (feared by all recruits) Lackland TI's, are you?
patriot.gif

Groucho, my hands have many scars from trying to catch those falling knives. I've been bloodied so much in the past trying to catch bottoms, that now I try to wait until I see a strong trend in place before buying.

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
Z, congrats on the passed progression test. You're not one of those (feared by all recruits) Lackland TI's, are you?
patriot.gif

Hold your horsies Ranger! I tested on Friday.....won't find out if I made it until July-August. It's the Air Force's way playing psychological warfare with its own troops. Darn them!

As for being a TI.....nah! I'm a transporter (and very good at it), but I do come accross trainees on a daily basis. How could I avoid them!?!? Friggin maggets!
twak.gif

grin.gif

This is about my crappiest year in the market in some time....and I am counting 99-00-01 (those years I was BIG cash).

I keep trying to play this stupid market and individual stock. Maybe I'll just rest a bit.

Did pick up 1000 shares of DNDN today.

My CEF's are sucking. My FCZ fell through the floor.

Crap. Watch BOOM go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

What kind of week are we in for?

I honestly don't know, Pablo. I got sucked into buying back two industrial stocks Thursday, expecting a rally, but it fizzled in the afternoon.

I've been looking at some charts tonight, and most show about a 50% retracement of the last rally. This is usually a turning point (in on-going bull markets), so I have hopes of a good week coming up. Notice I said "hopes".....
dunno.gif

Yeah, ms if it weren't for my energy plays I'd REALLY be in the tank.

I did make money and sold RTSX today.

Interest sensitives made a comeback the last few days.......the economy isn't that strong, Mr. Greenspan!!

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Pabs I am hanging on by my pinkys.

You are not alone! Did anyone here see this coming? Gas keeps going up.....$2.35 for premium.
mad.gif

quote:

You are not alone! Did anyone here see this coming? Gas keeps going up.....$2.35 for premium.

The oil market seems to be the key; when oil goes up, stocks tank, when oil goes down, stocks rally.

My last three trades have been one down, one up, and one neutral. So I'm breaking even, but taking lots of risk to do it.....
rolleyes.gif

WARNING, WARNING, Economic crisis looms.......

We have severe economic trouble that will be rearing its ugly head soon. We have the Feds interest rates hike to quell inflation that will not quell until energy prices stabalize or drop. This will not happen! The interest rate hikes will cool the BOOMING real estate market and cause real estate values to drop do to the lack of buyer qualifications. The speculative Real Estate boom will cause the complacent late investors to get nervous. Many loans will go into default!

The government knows about impending doom and has tightened the bankruptcy laws to stick the consumers with huge burdens instead of spreading out the bad debts.

The Stock indexes have a very BEARISH pattern similar to the huge BEAR market a few years back.

Consider yourself warned and plan in advance!

That being said and out of the way. We will all continue to go about our daily lives as usual and will learn to adapt to changes. Those with careful planning will do ok.

Oh btw don't tell anyone till my home is closed!
wink.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back