Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff is ten steps ahead of that guy and stacked the deck of cards in his favor. LOL.
The Amazon snake has slithered into the DC area and wrapped around some very important agencies. I absolutely love Jeff’s businesses model... you can’t blame the guy for his business intelligence.

“Amazon Web Services unveiled a cloud computing region for the CIA and other intelligence community agencies developed specifically to host secret classified data.”

https://www.nextgov.com/it-modernization...ion-cia/142662/

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Jeff is ten steps ahead of that guy and stacked the deck of cards in his favor. LOL.
The Amazon snake has slithered into the DC area and wrapped around some very important agencies. I absolutely love Jeff’s businesses model... you can’t blame the guy for his business intelligence.

“Amazon Web Services unveiled a cloud computing region for the CIA and other intelligence community agencies developed specifically to host secret classified data.”

https://www.nextgov.com/it-modernization...ion-cia/142662/

No question Bezos is brilliant and knows what he's doing.

This has been dead for a while.

Haven’t been doing much but playing with AMD, both long and short. Doing well.

Anyone?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Haven’t been doing much but playing with AMD, both long and short. Doing well.

Anyone?

Bought some BP last week, have a low ball order in for VZ. Thinking of getting a pipeline. Watching for a dip. My portfolio is down some, my total divs are running over 9% right now.

My MRD is over 8K this year, waiting until late Dec. ,then will take a lump sum.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
My MRD is over 8K this year, waiting until late Dec. ,then will take a lump sum.

What is MRD? Can't find a stock with that ticker. T (AT&T) looks good with a 6% dividend.

At age 70.5 you have a required minimum distribution of a traditional IRA.

Basically gov wants you to pay taxes and forces you to sell $____ amount of securities. If no RMD is made you are penalized 50% of RMD.

There is a RMD calculator based on your age and IRA balance.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

What is MRD? Can't find a stock with that ticker. T (AT&T) looks good with a 6% dividend.

MRD=Minimum required distributation, all my investments are in a IRA. We rolled my 401k, and wifes 401k into a new IRA in her name Some years ago. Then I moved my IRA funds into hers, $6500/year until my IRA was empty. Now I operate out of her IRA. She reached 70 1/2 in late 2015, so starting in 2016, we have been doing the MRD in a lump sum, usually in mid December. I have several high div reits and a couple of stocks that roll divs into new stock. I've got enough $$ coming in each month to cover the MRD and increase the bottom line. Wife and I both have retirement income so we don't need any of the money from the IRA.

This works out well for us because my wife is 10 years younger then me, so her distribution schedule is more favorable for us then mine would be.

Wayne

Anyone care to comment on BPL?

It currently pays a 13.70% dividend which is high and usually means risky. Also the stock price has been on a steady decline since Febuary.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Anyone care to comment on BPL?

It currently pays a 13.70% dividend which is high and usually means risky. Also the stock price has been on a steady decline since Febuary.

Yup, I saw that. That's why I asked.
Thanks, Warstud

Still looking for a pipeline.

Suggestions anyone?

Originally Posted by JHZR2

Haven�t been doing much but playing with AMD, both long and short. Doing well.

Anyone?

AMD is looking good. You still in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back