Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Be careful out there. Alot of Land Mines going off.

Here we go....

coffee2.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I like to buy on pullbacks before a run. Markets may need more time.

The outcome of the Presidential election is more uncertain now. The possibility of "recounts" in close states is growing more and more likely due to recent events. There's also a strong possibility that Evan McMullin may win Utah, which could deny Clinton and Donald Trump the 270 Electoral College votes necessary to win the election. If that happens, then the House of Representatives would pick the next President.

So the national soap opera may not be over with next Tuesday's vote. Still, the reality is that no matter who wins the election, the stock market should celebrate for the mere fact that the uncertainty is finally over.

Even if there are recounts or an extended fight in the House of Representatives, the national soap opera should be over by Thanksgiving at the latest.

Quote:
So the national soap opera may not be over with next Tuesday's vote. Still, the reality is that no matter who wins the election, the stock market should celebrate for the mere fact that the uncertainty is finally over.

Maybe so, but I don't think we have seen the bottom yet. The next week or two should set the market for the next 2 months.

OTOH: I picked up a few stocks on this dip. Still holding enough cash to grab a bargain.

Real-Time Stock Indices Futures

Dow 30 Dec 16 -386 Points -2.11%
S&P 500 Dec 16 -56.75 Points -2.66%
Nasdaq Dec 16 -111.00 Points -2.31%

Today is a great day to buy. Panic washout selling = medium to longer term bottom. Perfectly timed with the historically best 6 months of the year starting in November. BTFD

Plus, if you believe in technical formations (yea, I know...), there are YUUUUUUUUUGE inverse head and shoulders/cup and handles in the major indexes and advance decline/cumulative volume indexes with significantly higher projections.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Today is a great day to buy.

If you bought before the run-up I would hold. If not I would wait for a pullback.The market has run up way to fast. The Dow and the RUT are overbought and the COMPQ and SPX are lagging.GL

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I wonder if market would be higher if election result was different...?

I doubt it.

I think it's falsely high because of the outcome. False promises could create a nice bubble pop in the future.

well, it's different this election then the last one.

OTOH: We still have 6 weeks left, so who knows? I've been buying on the dips, a little here, a little there. Still have some cash left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back