Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS This is such a great thread/blog - boycott the recent "Market is up" thread. Sheesh, yeah dow up 24 on Friday 9/10/04.

I will now readily admit my IRA is at an all time high, but that's because I've been working my a$$ on stock picking and sweating BB's....NOT because the "market is up". Again, sheesh.

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
AL,
You are begining to scare me!
spaz.gif

The financial terrrorists in Congress are flat out terrifying me.
spaz.gif
shocked.gif
dunno.gif
banghead.gif

Pablo thanks-how about some more details. I like both of them but depositing the Euros is difficult for me to imagine how to do. Hahahahah 10-4 on riding the b*tch out
grin.gif

Al, I believe you could buy forward contracts on the Euro. It is very speculative, however.

Many times exchange rates are influenced by presiding interests rates in the currency's country, hence, a rise in U.S. interest rates will affect the dollar positively vs. the euro and a fall in European rates would have the same effect.

The last time I looked, interest rates in Europe were much higher than rates here.

I believe you can track the dollar's strength vs. the euro to Greenspan's hikes, subsequent weakness to rate cuts.

ETF's - EKH, IEV, FEZ, FEU

Closed end - EF (sells at a 9.6% discount)

Also Fidelity offers the European and Euro Cap Apreciation (good) but check the other list of company suspects...........

LU is on FIRE!!
cheers.gif

MOBL down a bit!
frown.gif

VIGN coming out of the dark ages?!?!?
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
I missed Lu again. But Z are you selling on these peaks and buying under 4???

Today was nice, though!

P,
LU hasn't been over $4 in a long time (since Jan 04) Once it does go over $4, then I will try to time it as best I can and sell at peak price......then buy low again!
Did you ever give MOBL a second look?

I guess I brain f@rted on Lu I meant to type $3. Sorry. Didn't it go under $3 in August? It seems to go up and back and I was wondering if you were trading on it, that's all.

Pabs, Z,

You will not be able to time the exits and entries Z. It takes years of experience and knowledge to do that. If you make up your mind to sell when it hits $4 it will go above that to 5, 6,7 and you will get left in the dust with no shares.

Learn how to trade before you trade.

You will lose all your money!!!

Al your right about the long term so why not GOLD. Tom Obrian has a radio show and said BGO will be at least $10 in the next 5 years.I have been a gold bug a long time they trade a lot of shares and there are just so many gold stocks. Wheaton River is another good one.
tongue.gif

Amkeer - you are partially correct. But charts don't pick good stocks. I'm sorry. If charts always made money.......I'm sorry again - one thing I have learned there is/are no true "always".....

I don't use charts the way you do, I "believe" in charts and I do read them. I know charts are great for a process that is random and in process control. And I know charts can be used to predict some future......I pick good companies and I make money. Maybe charts will help me make MORE money......but greed gets me in the end
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back