Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the heck is up with the treasury market; they say bond traders are smarter and TLT has bounced significantly while rates have dropped. That theoretically should mean a sell off in equities is around the corner as the relationship between TLT and SPY is almost a statistical perfect inverse. Since 2009.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Thanks for the article. Paulson really loaded the truck on GLD.

No problem. This might be the start of the next giant leap in metals prices.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Page 62!

NICE Pop today combined with metals popping.....NICE!!!

ARR is a little scary to me. Look at these instead:

CLNY
DX
SBRA
STWD
IVR

Thanks, Pablo. I'll keep an eye on ARR.

I like CLNY & STWD.

SBRA's payout ratio seems too high at 240%.

DX & IVR is ok, but -30% 5 year dividend growth

Any Metals recommendation??

Do the REITs get their current ridiculous dividend yields from appreciation in MBS prices since yields continue dropping? When rates turn around and start rising, that's when those dividend yields will turn around. No? That will catch a lot of people off guard if they try and chase yields in bonds when overall interest rates start rising again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Do the REITs get their current ridiculous dividend yields from appreciation in MBS prices since yields continue dropping? When rates turn around and start rising, that's when those dividend yields will turn around. No? That will catch a lot of people off guard if they try and chase yields in bonds when overall interest rates start rising again.

Key is to monitor & see it, then get out as applicable.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I got AGNC.

May pick-up CLNY.

Some of these have really run up already!!

Just for the record I was not recommending anyone go out and buy any of those. Just have a look under the hood. Oh and just because a stock has come off a low doesn't mean it's not a buy. If it's formed a cup and handle with volume on the up side, it could be at a great buy point, if the market is in rally mode and the group is trending higher.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I got AGNC.

May pick-up CLNY.

Some of these have really run up already!!

Just for the record I was not recommending anyone go out and buy any of those. Just have a look under the hood. Oh and just because a stock has come off a low doesn't mean it's not a buy. If it's formed a cup and handle with volume on the up side, it could be at a great buy point, if the market is in rally mode and the group is trending higher.

Oh, yea, I know we're not recommending buying to anyone here.
smile.gif

We throw out ideas to us all and it's up to the individual to decide if it meets their buy criteria or not.
thumbsup2.gif

Carry on!

We've turned the September corner. Next 2 months may be a wild ride!

Was going to buy Monmouth Real Estate Inv Co. (MNR) but it went through the roof today!

I can't believe the overall market is so stalled on central bankers. Well, I can, but this is getting ridiculous, especially with all the economic data that's come out already this week. The ECB and Germany need to [censored] or get off the pot already. Central banks should only speak when they're going to act.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I can't believe the overall market is so stalled on central bankers.

They are the only thing keeping this bubble inflated.

I got out of NOK today. In at $1.78 and out at $2.56. Still a nice profit of 44%, but I'm real disappointed in their Lumia 920 introduction today. Looks to be a "nice" phone, but "nice" doesn't cut it when you're a struggling cell phone maker introducing a phone running on a non-standard platform (Windows) and on a not-generally-loved network (AT&T). If this phone used their real "Pureview" 41 megapixel camera and was going to be introduced on multiple major networks (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc), it would have been a different story.

It also doesn't come out until November. Boo on that.

Stick a fork in 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back