*Investors Blog*

AMC and Game Stop might be next.

I still have cash on sidelines for buying opportunities. Right now I’m 80% cash.
As long as no one here is shocked, then we are doing OK.

I have a decent amount in cash, but I am playing the market..........by playing I mean speculating to the extent of investing. Not pretending to pick a bottom, or a top.

I've made money, but nothing even close to you.

Hasbro laying off 15%

Although some high profile tech companies are "right sizing" and ending programs that have been deemed a failure, UI claims continue to be at historic lows.

White collar jobs can't claim unemployment until their severance runs out - or the number of weeks of equivalent severance runs out if you get paid in a lump sum. In many states its hardly enough to bother anyway.

Ask me how I know. HA!

Still, were short workers so really if these people were any good they should have no problem finding work, it just might not be as lucrative.

I'm 40 so if I was to start over, I would have gotten a job that had a Pension
What jobs still have a pension? Pretty much only govco. I couldn't stand it - and it doesn't pay.

My wife is a teacher and will get a state pension - assuming its still solvent by then, which is a big if.

What jobs still have a pension? Pretty much only govco. I couldn't stand it - and it doesn't pay.

My wife is a teacher and will get a state pension - assuming its still solvent by then, which is a big if.
Railroad. USPS but not as good. Teacher Pension is constitutionally protected in IL. and pays decent.

Railroad. USPS but not as good. Teacher Pension is constitutionally protected in IL. and pays decent.
Railroad pension is exempt from social security - meaning you can't really get both if you worked a lifetime for the railroad. One of my grandfathers retired with a railroad pension - so your trading one for the other.

Don't know anything about USPS. Teachers pension here in South Carolina is legally protected as well, but when they run out of money - the laws will be changed. If they can't even afford to fund the pension fund now - how will they afford to pay benefits out of the general fund.

If pension is a primary concern - the absolute best would be a full military career IMHO.

Railroad pension is exempt from social security - meaning you can't really get both if you worked a lifetime for the railroad. One of my grandfathers retired with a railroad pension - so your trading one for the other.

Don't know anything about USPS. Teachers pension here in South Carolina is legally protected as well, but when they run out of money - the laws will be changed. If they can't even afford to fund the pension fund now - how will they afford to pay benefits out of the general fund.

If pension is a primary concern - the absolute best would be a full military career IMHO.
I guess because Social Security is a trust fund and looking everything up quickly. If you pay into the Social Security Trust Fund for at least 10 years, you get money when you retire. Of course, it depends how long you paid into it.
Yeah, SC pension funds, like many states, under funded by our elected officials. What else is knew?

I get a pension and will be happy to lump sum cash pay out for 60% of what I should be getting,

35 years this June so the old timers like me look forward to pension.

Last edited:
I get a pension and will be happy to lump sum cash pay out for 60% of what I should be getting,

35 years this June so the old timers like me look forward to pension.
So you going to spend it all at once? Cause inflation is beating most investments.

So you going to spend it all at once? Cause inflation is beating most investments.
You cant use short term data for mid to long term investment. Meaning the period of high inflation is just a dot on the board.

Just because inflation is high one year or even two years followed by recession, one just needs to look at the track record of the stock market in years and decades. Clearly those who have invested have done well.
Furthermore even in high inflation times there are investments that do well to very well but if one just wants to park money in a mutual fund and not bother, once just needs to look at the track record of those funds or if you want to cut those loses and you are really that good, saw this coming, you could have gone to the safety of even a traditional savings bank in Dec 2021 and preserved your gains and be collecting 4% + interest right now.

Other people might be better off leaving it in the pension fund if they can not make sound investment decisions.

Back