*Investors Blog*

Breaking News : Apple reports first profit miss since 2016 . That could put an end to this Nasdaq rally .

Yep.

Very big difference between a full time job paying $50-60 an hour…… verses a part time McJob with no benefits.

Thats why lots of younger folks don’t want to work and live in parents’s basement.

I think the McJobs are losing a lot of people to the "gig" economy. If one has a vehicle, they can fire up an app and drive for Uber/Lyft, deliver DoorDash or Instacart, Amazon even pays folks to deliver in their personal cars. No hot kitchen to work in getting orders barked all day, make your own schedule and easily work around school or taking care of kids.

Is that not wanting to work or working smarter?

I know of several households with multiple generations.

Then there are the houses that rent out rooms and bed spaces. That is more common than we think.
Absolutely. Many of the 2 story houses around here have a half bath on the 1st floor. People are paying $2M and up, then starting reconstruction on the 1st floor to make a full bath for their elderly parents.
Mother-in-law house advertisements are in your face. 2 problems with that; small lots and regulations.

Renting rooms has been going on forever.

I think the McJobs are losing a lot of people to the "gig" economy. If one has a vehicle, they can fire up an app and drive for Uber/Lyft, deliver DoorDash or Instacart, Amazon even pays folks to deliver in their personal cars. No hot kitchen to work in getting orders barked all day, make your own schedule and easily work around school or taking care of kids.

Is that not wanting to work or working smarter?

Not when the person has to pay for the gas usage and tires wearing out sooner.

Waiting for inheritance while they live at the parents house. I see many places in what's suppose to be "single family" neighborhoods with 2 and even 3 generations living in the same house - no joke.
Isn’t that how it used to be? Not even that long ago… like 120 years ago???

Reverting to the norm doesn’t seem so spectacular. In fact, it almost seems like common sense despite the excessive conditions that we have enjoyed the last many years.

Many things have resulted in excesses in pay in some sectors, lack of sufficient pay in others.

Isn’t that how it used to be? Not even that long ago… like 120 years ago???
Not really ... look at this post.

Not really ... look at this post.

I said 120 years ago. Say around 1900 and before.

Not 1971, which is what the study is looking at. Vast, vast difference. Sprawl and suburbia and various trends are massively different in 1971 from ages before.

Reversion to the norm of 1901 is what I meant, not 1971.

I said 120 years ago. Say around 1900 and before.

Not 1971, which is what the study is looking at. Vast, vast difference. Sprawl and suburbia and various trends are massively different in 1971 from ages before.

Reversion to the norm of 1901 is what I meant, not 1971.
Who cares what happened 120 years ago ... doesn't mean it's cool and the "norm" now. ;) Fact is, multi-family households have been ever increasing like the data shown in my referenced link, and the reasons why are in the linked articles provided.

more than a month ago tesla stock was trading at 108 usd. and Elon haters and most of mainstream media was celebrating his downfall daily. tesla stock is now at almost 195 usd. and climbing. and twitter is close to being profitable.

more than a month ago tesla stock was trading at 108 usd. and Elon haters and most of mainstream media was celebrating his downfall daily. tesla stock is now at almost 195 usd. and climbing. and twitter is close to being profitable.
I think Pablo bought some

You gotta love folks that make investment decisions based upon emotion. I didn't get in quite at the bottom, but I did manage to catch the falling knife at about knee level. Up 58% since I bought 6 weeks ago.

Back