*Investors Blog*

Guessing most people will need to use the bank card as their primary to hit 25 transactions. I was really saying what are they/you missing out on in the way of credit card points. For me that’s a minimum of 2% missed on every transaction. Probably more like 4% or 5% for most transactions.

Good post,
We get 5.5 % in a savings account (must maintain) $5000 min. or you can get 4,65% in a standard account with no min.

Much of everything we buy is on 5% cash-back credit cards with rotating categories. Since three of those cards are from different banks there is almost never a period in time when we’re not getting 5% back on restaurants or groceries or gas stations, warehouse clubs online purchasers etc.

Then anything not covered by 5% cashback. We have 2% cash-back cards for every day of the year on every purchase that isn't covered by one of the cards above.
So there’s really nothing to keep track of, our savings account pay 5% a month and even if we didn’t go for the 5% cash-back on much of our purchases our minimum cash-back is 2% so either way we’re way ahead.

@Warstud after typing that long response I just realized you were talking about a checking account and not a savings account. It’s still early here and no coffee yet..
But I think I still come out way ahead because I keep my checking account tight up until the last minute and schedule transfers from the savings account to the checking account for the time payments are going out electronically from the checking account if that makes any sense🙃

In addition to that being, I pay everything electronically I wait till the absolute last minute to pay these credit cards so I’m getting close to an extra months 5% APY interest on the money I’m spending in addition to the cash-back versus a debit card I think which the debit card is instantaneously coming out of here account with no 30 day of accumulated interest(?) that I can get having a credit card and a balance sitting until the end of the month where I collect 5% in the savings account.
I don’t know much about debit cards, we have them, but never bought anything with them, only time we ever use them is to get cash from a ATM.

Last edited:
Anyone here selling covered calls on stocks they plan on holding? Thinking I really should be doing this on a couple?
I do this.

Probably the one thing when I touch money in the market that works out in my favor the majority of the time. It's limiting, the $ are not huge (why it seems to work, you think) but seems to be 70-80%+ positive.

Maybe. What do your charts show??
I guess the reversal candle is it . Maybe just buy and hope for the best . LOL

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 18-16-18 $SPX SharpCharts StockCharts.com.jpg

This may be a stupid question, but here goes..
Why would the Fed be planning to cut rates when inflation is still above 2%, and consumer spending ( excluding purchase of homes) is still very strong?
It would seem if you take out the crazy years of close to zero interest rates, that current rates are in the “normal” range.

Back