Interstate Battery Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback everyone, and for the welcome (long-time listener, first-time caller)!

I've got the MT 49/H8 in there right now. Obviously it works just fine. And it sounds like I would be okay if I left it at that.

But after reading some of the opinions above, I gave the shop a call and they said they could get the MTP in for me tomorrow and I could swap that in. So at just the cost of two or so Hamiliton's more and in the interest of longevity, I will go for the MTP and its thicker plates and higher Ah + RC.

Thanks again!

I just put in a MTP-48 H6 mainly because they don't list a MT for my Lucerne. It doesn't have a 3 year warranty like a lot of them only 30 months but after that it's prorated up to six years

Interstate.png

Originally Posted by y_p_w
Originally Posted by edwardh1
who makes interstate?

They've always bought from Johnson Controls as long as I can remember. Probably their biggest customer now that Sears is struggling. But someone mentioned they now buy from Exide too.

According to the Wiki, they're Johnson Controls, Exide and others. They're basically a distributor just like any other vendor. I think one metric that I'm not sure is valid is to go by weight if you have two similar batteries you're not sure about, the heavier one will probably last longer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Batteries

Went for vehicle inspection today at shop that sells them, as far as I could tell ( cap shape/design) looked to be JCI. What caught my eye most, majority of batteries in stock were 24 month full warranty (MT), then 3 year prorated. I compare that to WM Everstart Maxx with 3year full, 2 prorated. Didn't ask price but looking at Interstate site, significantly more expensive than equivalent Maxx.

Originally Posted by olivess
I gave the shop a call and they said they could get the MTP in for me tomorrow and I could swap that in.

As soon as you said that he talked you into a different battery - for whatever reasons he could come up with - my suspicion was "it's what he has in stock".

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by olivess
I gave the shop a call and they said they could get the MTP in for me tomorrow and I could swap that in.

As soon as you said that he talked you into a different battery - for whatever reasons he could come up with - my suspicion was "it's what he has in stock".

Check date.

I would be concerned about the turnover in local repair shops for Interstate batteries. Compared to a Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back