Interstate batteries

The factory battery in my 2018 BMW appears to be fine but I know all led acid batteries have a finite time. I've bought Interstate batteries before, but that was many years ago. Anyone have more recent experience with these batteries?

Overall, they are nothing remarkable.
However, the ones purchased through Costco are somewhat of a value.
Warrantied longer (through Costco) and priced well.
I'm running two of them right now.
One went bad (after a year.) Was given a full refund without hassle and purchased the replacement.
For the Costco price, they are good. However, I wouldn't buy an interstate elsewhere.

I put an Interstate battery in my Civic and it was replaced with another Interstate battery. The last one made it 5 years and I considered that pretty good since the new one cost $109 at Costco. I think there are only about 3 or 4 battery manufacturer's and it's a throw of the dice on batteries. The original Ford battery in my F-150 lasted over 7 years. I would buy an Interstate battery with confidence for your BMW.

My EverStart AGM H7 battery bought at WM failed in less than 3 months. After waiting for several weeks for a replacement none came due to out of stock issue. So, I got my full refund. Then I headed to NTB which sells Interstate and one thing I noticed is there is a small hologram at the side which the WM AGM didn't have. It looked to me it was etched at the battery factory not by NTB. When I started the car, it started right up. One thing I noticed is, there's a lot of power than WM's AGM H7 although both were made from the same factory.

I’ve run them in my last 3 vehicles and more than likely will replace the factory Toyota battery in my Sequoia with one. Every one I’ve had lasted at least 4-5 years before I sold the cars. Never an issue and always started, even at -35* on a snowmobile trip.

I have had better luck recently with Walmart batteries. Had a couple Interstates that did not last as long.

I got a Duralast Gold from AZ. It had good reviews. If it goes out while under warranty and I'm out of town, there's usually at least a couple of Autozones in every town.

Back