Internet Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critic - that channel 48 is junk.
Other power levels and uncorrectable and correctable errors look fine.
So you have 1 of 16 bits getting corrupted, every frame coming in.

Something has to change.
If it's your own router you'll probably have to buy a new one, register it, then run the new one for awhile to see if that cleans up the errors.
(Not that I believe it will, but my troubleshooting efforts with techs most often start with 'it's your equipment'.)
To be fair, I bought several Motorola modems; they seemed to work for about a year.
I finally agreed to take Spectrum's (free) modem so they'd stop blaming customer-owned equipment, and I don't hear that excuse anymore.

Update:

This issue has been fully resolved. The solution involved 3 parts:

1) I have two Nest devices (Cam Indoor IQ and Door Bell) which upload 24/7. This took up a tremendous amount of bandwidth. I scheduled the devices to be off during working hours. This change made the connection usable until #3 was done.
2) Comcast sent a crew to run a new line to my house (from the box on the street). This resulted in a slight improvement in overall usability.
3) Shortly after #1 and #2 were done, there was an internet outage in our neighborhood. I saw a crew doing some repairs at the a neighbor box for hours, not sure what was done. After this event, my connection speeds are now consistently 175 down/5 up, which is the advertised amount.

Here is what I would recommend.

Go to Fast.com and post your loaded latency.

I'd bet it's very high. Click more info.

Just setup a general QOS on your router, so that each device only gets x amount of bandwidth.

This way you can lower the latency, and nothing will saturate your line.

Recommendations are to set it to 80 percent of your max speed for upload and download, but I set mine to 40 or 50 percent to get lowest latency.

I would start by setting it at 50/3 and see what that looks like.

Originally Posted by JustinH
Here is what I would recommend.

Go to Fast.com and post your loaded latency.

I'd bet it's very high. Click more info.

Just setup a general QOS on your router, so that each device only gets x amount of bandwidth.

This way you can lower the latency, and nothing will saturate your line.

Recommendations are to set it to 80 percent of your max speed for upload and download, but I set mine to 40 or 50 percent to get lowest latency.

I would start by setting it at 50/3 and see what that looks like.

Thanks- just posted below:

8FF42B14-EC2D-45B5-9E7A-D88656AD19AF.jpeg

Originally Posted by The Critic
Update:

This issue has been fully resolved. The solution involved 3 parts:

1) I have two Nest devices (Cam Indoor IQ and Door Bell) which upload 24/7. This took up a tremendous amount of bandwidth. I scheduled the devices to be off during working hours. This change made the connection usable until #3 was done.
2) Comcast sent a crew to run a new line to my house (from the box on the street). This resulted in a slight improvement in overall usability.
3) Shortly after #1 and #2 were done, there was an internet outage in our neighborhood. I saw a crew doing some repairs at the a neighbor box for hours, not sure what was done. After this event, my connection speeds are now consistently 175 down/5 up, which is the advertised amount.

Excellent, so it was on their end as many of us surmised. Great to hear it is resolved
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back