Intermittent Oil light when car turns on

Any body know how much solvent he could pour down the dipstick tube before it touches any gaskets, might be useful to try to clean the pan out with some parts washer solvent, brake cleaner, or b12 chemtool or something.

Is the engine making good oil pressure otherwise?

All of my vehicles with oil pressure lights take a second or two, some considerably longer, to extinguish and those with real oil pressure gauges (not dampened/dumbed down indicators) usually take a second or two to begin to register pressure. Except for a hot restart after a short shutdown, you will be dealing with some oil having drained back from the upper parts of the engine, even with ADBV's....they are not always perfect. Also a higher mileage engine will tale a bit more tome to fully pressurize the system.

You said '..no more oil light", If the light doesn't always come on before you crank and until the engine starts, it should, also check the circuit. I would change the switch as a precaution, but I am not sure you have a problem that warrants anything drastic.

Any body know how much solvent he could pour down the dipstick tube before it touches any gaskets, might be useful to try to clean the pan out with some parts washer solvent, brake cleaner, or b12 chemtool or something.
Not sure I would do that without pulling the pan....wouldn't want to try and run with whatever will be in the sump after that.

Back